Best & Worst Films Of 2011

Tools    

The thing I like most about this thread is that I'd probably agree with most, if not all, of the "Worst" choices. But then I look at the "Best" choices and think, "why did you even watch that?!?!"

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Well, everybody has their personal tastes in movies. You have yours, I have mine, and the next person to comment has theirs. Films are as subjective as a painting, in my opinion.

Hollywood needs to change it up a bit sooner or later, or else nobody's going to watch a decent movie anymore, and we're just gonna get the same derivative stories and techniques that we've seen over and over again.

Best films:
Red State
Rise of the planet of the apes
Money ball
Mission impossible
Cowboys and aliens
The ides of march
Hangover 2
Horrible Bosses
Worst film ever seen was on 2011 - Battle LA.

2011 must've been one of the weakest years ever for Hollywood in terms of quality. All of my top films of the year (save one) are foreign releases; all of them in another language than English. The best that came out of Hollywood this year was Super8. And that's by no means a popular opinion, not on this site at least. I personally thought it was a brilliant film, but there's lots of people who think it's a bit too much of everything or a little too uneven.

Now that I've watched more 2011 releases, I've come to the conclusion that all in all it was a pretty good year. Pretty ******* good actually. But 70 % of that is thanks to 'foreign' releases.

Is white trash beautiful
I haven't really caught up with my 2011 movies but some that I have enjoyed were Super 8,and bridesmaids. I was surprised by Rise of the Planet of the Apes,I never thought I would like it but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I haven't watched that many "essential" 2011 films, but I did very much enjoy Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows, Tintin, Paul & Harry Potter 7:P2. I do very much want to see Drive, though.

I haven't really seen a movie I'd classify as bad, but I thought The Change-Up was very average.

The Best Is Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn. It gave me lots of satisfaction.
The Worst Is Pirates Of The Caribbean Stranger Tides. It disappointed me equal to the height of anticipation which i had for it before the time of its release.

Hollywood needs to change it up a bit sooner or later, or else nobody's going to watch a decent movie anymore, and we're just gonna get the same derivative stories and techniques that we've seen over and over again.
I have to disagree. If an average movie-goer opts to see Transformers instead of, I don't know, Black Swan and comes out disappointed, that's down to their taste and choice. People think that's all there is now because they don't dig deep enough. There are still plenty of imaginative, original, though-provoking movies being made at every level, but a lot of people have now been dumbed down enough to dismiss them as "boring" or "artsy". I just choose to ignore the crap.

I guess I've just been both desensitized and annoyed by all my friends telling me that the bad movies are good ones, even though I've seen my share of incredible movies. I try to ignore the crap too unless my friends keep wanting to see it. In that case, I just quietly dismiss it as I'm watching.

In that case, I just quietly dismiss it as I'm watching.
Haha, I do the same thing. I've had to sit through some pretty bad movies with friends. Green Lantern and Transformers among them recently. I just sit there picking out every flaw in my mind.

Hmmmm watched cowboys and aliens as my mate lent it me an was bored one night, Jesus after 20 minutes of this film I was thinking of imaginative ways of eating my eye ball

I think you need to re-evaluate that friendship. There again, if the title didn't warn you, maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourself, too.

Lol friendship over I ate his eyeball for lending it me, in my defence I didn't part with cash for it. I actually did think before I watched how bad can it be, maybe 90 minutes of nonsense that I don't have to engage my brain while I watched it. But should have raided little ones dvd collection an watched Mary Poppins lol

The best movie. Oh. Very difficult question. I can't pick even one film that might be named "masterpiece".
The hobo with the gun was pretty accurate, but so boring. Such words are also characterise Drive. The new remake of The Thing was very simple and coservative, but scandinavian actors created nice atmo.

The worst movie is Smoorfs. Definetly.

2011 must've been one of the weakest years ever for Hollywood in terms of quality. All of my top films of the year (save one) are foreign releases; all of them in another language than English. The best that came out of Hollywood this year was Super8. And that's by no means a popular opinion, not on this site at least. I personally thought it was a brilliant film, but there's lots of people who think it's a bit too much of everything or a little too uneven.

Now that I've watched more 2011 releases, I've come to the conclusion that all in all it was a pretty good year. Pretty ******* good actually. But 70 % of that is thanks to 'foreign' releases.
In particular?

My favorites so far are Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. I've seen 40 other 2011 releases so far but I wont be ready to put together a real list of favorites for a while.

http://ryanestabrooks.com
Best film of 2011: Submarine

Worst Film of 2011: Transformers 3

I really hope they do not make any more Transformers movies. Just let it be done please!