Limitless Review

→ in
Tools    

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Limitless

Saw this about a few weeks ago and thought i finally post my thoughts on it.

An action-thriller about a writer who takes an experimental drug that allows him to use 100 percent of his mind. As one man evolves into the perfect version of himself, forces more corrupt than he can imagine mark him for assassination. Out-of-work writer Eddie Morra's (Cooper) rejection by girlfriend Lindy (Abbie Cornish) confirms his belief that he has zero future. That all vanishes the day an old friend introduces Eddie to NZT, a designer pharmaceutical that makes him laser focused and more confident than any man alive. Now on an NZT-fueled odyssey, everything Eddie's read, heard or seen is instantly organized and available to him. As the former nobody rises to the top of the financial world, he draws the attention of business mogul Carl Van Loon (De Niro), who sees this enhanced version of Eddie as the tool to make billions. But brutal side effects jeopardize his meteoric ascent. With a dwindling stash and hit men who will eliminate him to get the NZT...

What i like about this film is how trippy it can be. I feel disorientated when Cooper's character takes the drug. You see these weird effects and his sight goes funny which swings your head around slightly. Performances are average. Cooper doesn't bring out anything oscar worthy and neither does Abbie Cornish, and of course De Niro is just ok. The Story however is good, but not fantastic by any means.

Overall, not great but just a good film to keep us intrigued until summer comes along.

Rating - 81% - A-

Thanks for the review, I want to see this movie

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Went to see this earlier today and was really pleasantly surprised. Was a bit darker and more complex than I was expecting which was actually quite nice to see.

It reminded me a bit of Scott Pilgrim vs the World in that the real fun of the film came from the visual flourishes, which as you say really puts you into the mind of the character as the drug takes an effect

PS - A completely useless observation but am I the only one who thinks the poster makes the film look like a Disney film? Really don't know what it is but makes me think I should be expecting a Disney family/fantasy film

Good to know about this flick. Seems like it is definitely worth seeing for some good entertainment and story thriller. Thanks.

For me, this is a 7/10 film.

A thriller that’s about as average as it gets featuring nothing great but nothing especially bad either. Bradley Cooper does a nice job and is believable in the role. More than a few questions are raised by the plot and most if not all of those questions go unanswered or ignored. The resolution of the film feels somewhat incomplete. It’s like maybe there were a few pages of script left but they couldn’t be bothered and they simply stopped filming and rolled the credits. Again, not bad but not exactly a rewarding endeavor either.

new idea beautiful one , i loved it

Careful, man. There's a beverage here!
Thanks for the review. I was actually going to skip this one, but I'll throw it in my queue today. You changed my mind!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
It was a good movie although I think that there was no real conflict to overcome. And the message I got from it was that it's okay to take drugs, in fact taking drugs will make you become a better person. Not the best morale to take away from a movie.

It was a good movie although I think that there was no real conflict to overcome. And the message I got from it was that it's okay to take drugs, in fact taking drugs will make you become a better person. Not the best morale to take away from a movie.
but you should know the right's and wrongs of life. so you can't blame a movie for any type of message.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
As people have already said this film is a pleasant surprise, not great but very good.

Not the ending I was predicting at all but again it was a pleasantly surprising ending.

Great entertainment, and as far as I can remember, fairly original.

8/10

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I liked it enough to recommend it to people. Cooper does a great job carrying the film and it's very tight and slick filmmaking.

DeNiro on the other hand is boring, as most of his performances these days are and I guess I just expected a little more out of it. It was good, but I wanted it to be great.

Suspect's Reviews

The Drunk and Happy
Three beers will do. This is three beers out of 6!
Verdict: Limitless isn’t so limitless, but the concept, the dialogue, and the examples of how smart and powerful people can fool your cop-line up or double-cross you makes this movie one that I would recommend.

I have seen this movie 3x and it gets better every time....easily one of the best movies i have ever seen and i feel that it is underrated by critics

Sudoku Blackbelt
Where's that kid that was here a couple of days ago, looking for someone to do his/her homework about this movie?

Wasn't a fan of the ending, but was pretty good besides that.

Great great movie, although it was a tad slow at times, the basic concept was new and refreshing, making it a great watch. To be honest im kind of jealous those pills don't actually exist!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Great review, I really want to see this film, it looks and sounds real cool

I've watched this film about 4 times. I just wished there where more movies like this..Why do people make stupid movies?