The Batman Franchise After Nolan

Tools    

Semper Fooey
And more than that, Aronofsky is the kinda guy who could give it a different sort of feel than it's had. Not terribly different, since the darker feel he seems to prefer fits the Batman franchise like a well-fitted kevlar biweave glove, but surely something we haven't quite seen before.

And that matters, because the temptation will be (understandably) strong to pick a semi-newcomer without a strong individual style that'll just pick up where Nolan leaves off. And that wouldn't necessarily be terrible, either. But it's less likely to be fantastic, too.
He might produce something unique, but he is too quirky and independent a director for a major studio to entrust a valuable franchise to. Fox's temporay infatuation with him was because the previous Wolverine movie was a bust. I suspect Aronosky's departure had a lot to do with clashing with the studio behind the scenes. WB's inclination will be to not tamper too much with a good thing.

Movie Forums Insomniac
Have people heard of names Like Scorsese? He could possibly even direct the next Batman film, who knows?
Him directing a Batman flick? No. This isn't The Departed with a superhero thrown in.

Hasn't Scorsese done Shutter Island?.
The guy could adapt Arkham Asylum by Morrison more than anyone, it would put Nolan's TDK to shame.

The guy made Taxi Driver, atleast for one we know he could get Bruce Wayne right.
It would be nice to see for once the lead character being done right.

I like the idea of Ben Affleck giving it a go. Duncan Jones I suggested before would be very interesting doing Batman. Nicolas Winding Refn would be a mystery to me, yet the film would be so good to watch on account of the score. Guy Ritchie & David Yates I can pass on, as it was the franchises that got them over, not their direction. Neill Blomkamp I'm unsure about maybe because he has only done one film so far. I don't think Matthew Vaughn would be any good and Rupert Wyatt may be too intwined by POTA reboot. I would hate Snyder to get his hands on it and DA I'm unsure on.

If I had to pick, I might go with Duncan Jones or Ben Affleck.

Movie Forums Insomniac
I like the idea of Ben Affleck giving it a go.
Remember Daredevil? I don't want to.

Honestly, Daredevil wasn't a bad film.
It's just that Affleck was going through a bad career phase & it affected the film.
& the Elektra bit should have been avoided.

Besides, the film was a box office success & far better than trash like Ghost Rider, Jonah Hex & Green Lantern.

I love Batman Beyond so freaking much.