A Film You Couldn't Wait To See And Was Disappointed When You Did

Tools    

Wolfman: I was so hoping it would be good, I awaited it for so long and I was so let down.

The Spirit: Here I was hoping to see a good superhero film filmed in a dark and edgey way and was very disapointed, it has so much potential.

The Cube: A brilliant concept but I just did not enjoy it.

Daredevil: Bound to fail the moment they cast Ben Affleck.

The Exorcist: So wound up to see a truely scary film and was let down, as was I by Paranormal Activity.

I have more I'm sure but can't remember them all at once.

The Spirit.... walked out of cinema aswell.

I understand the disappointment in The Spirit but to walk out of the theater... That's a little overkill. With all the crappy movies out there, this isn't one I would walk out of unless I was trying to be cool by letting everyone else know that I'm so hardcore that I read all Will Eisner way before it was the hip thing to do. But then again, you have a Transformers avatar so that explains your taste in movies.

A system of cells interlinked
It would probably have to be Exorcist II: the Heretic (1977).
In a flash of green-tinted brilliance rampant in the era, my mother took me to see this when I was 6 years old. Her excuse, still to this day...

"Son, we lived in Tucson, Arizona. It was mid-summer, somewhere around 108 degrees in the shade. The AC broke and the temperature in the house was oven-like. The single screen theater within walking distance was showing Exorcist 2."

I didn't last long. I was out in the lobby conning kit-kats off the pretty lady at the candy counter. Mom followed shortly, and, because it was a different time, the girls at he counter offered to babysit while my Mom cooled off and watched the film.

For some reason it's a really fond memory. Things were different then...

Is white trash beautiful
I just recently was really excited about watching Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001) and I was really disappointed. There was just way to much going on in this film. This film almost had a made for T.V feel to it.The only good thing that I really liked about this film was Vincent Cassel's character Jean-Francois. The rest of this film was kind of cheesy

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Son, we lived in Tucson, Arizona. It was mid-summer, somewhere around 108 degrees in the shade. The AC broke and the temperature in the house was oven-like. The single screen theater within walking distance was showing Exorcist 2."
For some reason it's a really fond memory. Things were different then...
You weren't really disappointed though because there's no way you had already seen The Exorcist.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Repo: the Genetic Opera

Clash of the Titans - I love Greek mythology.

2001: A Space Odyssey

Suspect's Reviews

Tron: Legacy
The Last Airbender. --> It is supposed to be a nice anime series. What on earth happened?

7 Pounds was a movie I was interested to see as pursuit of happyness I thought was a terrific movie... it came up short for me and left me feeling uneasy about everything that was happening.

A film that I could not wait to see and then was very disappointed when I actually saw it was, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Here is a trilogy that so far has given us some great movies and a great character to follow. Then this movie comes along and it seems as if no one put any effort into the idea. It seems as if they made the movie to capitalize on the franchise’s success rather than have a good idea for a story. I hope they make another one just to compensate for that movie, but this time, hire a writer that can actually write a story.

Godfather was really exciting but couldn't enjoy it..Perhaps it is just due to the trouble in narcotic's business.

Iron Man 2.

It just failed, all over.

Battle: Los Angeles

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I was expecting The Social Network to be much more enjoyable than when I watched it. It was ok, but Oscar-worthy? Not IMO. The first monologue was unintelligible, which kind of put me off at the beginning.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You may not have felt it worth it, but did you rewatch the beginning? I admit that there was a lot of background noise and they spoke quickly, but I didn't think it was unintelligible. It actually made complete sense and set up Zuckerberg's character, rash immaturity and motivations very quickly.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
While there have been a number of films I was greatly interested in due to the plot or the trailer that disappointed, based on reviews and recommendations I'd have to say one of my biggest disappointments was Napoleon Dynamite

At the time everyone was raving about it and the internet seemed to have fallen in love with it. It sounded like my kind of thing as well - an offbeat quirky comedy. But it just fell completely flat for me. Just didn't entertain me in any way whatsoever

Same goes for The Big Lebowski.

I might become the most hated person on here for saying this...but I finally got around to seeing Shawshank Redemption the other day...and I was a little disappointed.

Don't get me wrong- the film was really good. But there is sooo much hype, specifically being IMDb's number one film of all time. I was so excited to see it that I put it off for so long because I was afraid this would happen. Again a really good film...the best film? I'd have to disagree.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I think there's always a chance of feeling that way when you've heard about a film for so long before seeing it. It's nearly impossible to live up to the promise and hype. Certainly first time round, sometimes 2nd or even 3rd viewings are required.

I'm sure I'll feel that sense of slight disappointment whenever I finally get round to watching some classics I've heard about for years

And I do personally love the Shawshank Redemption.