Lindsay Lohan - Can She Make A Comeback ?

Tools    

Wow.. if I ever get court ordered into rehab... I want to go there...
What would you go to rehab for? Coffee?

Semper Fooey
This is what happened to another promising actress.

I Am Not Ashamed by Barbara Payton

“If the pressures don’t get you, the habits will.”
Imagine you are sitting on a stool in some seedy Hollywood bar one evening, when a washed-out woman approaches you, and for the price of a few drinks, she begins to tell you her life story. If you can imagine the scenario, then you have captured the flavour of the book I Am Not Ashamed, Barbara Payton’s autobiography penned a few years before her death at age 39.
Barbara Payton was a promising Hollywood starlet in the 50s. Earning an average of $10,000 a week, she was one of the beautiful blonde goddesses slated for stardom. With a $100,000 contract for her role in the James Cagney film, Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye, she was courted by some of the biggest names in the film industry. But just a few years later, Barbara Payton, now penniless, worked as a prostitute on Sunset Boulevard. What happened?
Barbara Payton was the woman in the infamous love triangle with rival lovers Franchot Tone and Tom Neal. A fight between the two men put Tone in the hospital and Barbara in the headlines. Payton married Tone, a marriage that lasted 7 weeks, and then returned to Tom Neal. From this point, it was a downhill slide for Barbara. Dropped from her studio contract, she began to drift …
It’s difficult to pick one single time when things began to go wrong for Barbara. She doesn’t seem to know when it began, and it seems that the career disappeared for more reasons than the relationships she scandalized Hollywood with in the 50s. She refers to getting bloated, losing her looks and calls herself as an old woman at age 35. She often discusses her careers in generalities, and recalls moments at the pinnacle of her success with momentary sadness before moving swiftly and deliberately away from those painful, glittering memories: “If I get a wine with bubbles in it and drink enough of it, I can look at the reflection in the store window and see myself as I was the first time I wore a mink.”
Barbara doesn’t take a strict chronological approach to her story. She wanders around, and some memories seem to spark other memories, so at times it’s difficult to know the sequence of some of the events she discusses. Some of the scenes (Mexico, for example) seem a little unbelievable, and they seem more appropriate for some Hollywood blockbuster. Don’t look for a great deal of name-dropping–there’s a conspicuous absence of names, and Barbara explains this is for legal reasons. She does, however, describe her relationships with both the “socially acceptable” Franchot Tone and “the train to nowhere”, Tom Neal. With all men, ultimately, “forever is just a weekend.”
There’s a great deal here that the book doesn’t mention. For example, a teenage marriage (which was annulled) is not discussed in these pages. Instead Barbara concentrates on the many gifts she received–a Cadillac, a mink coat, a jade necklace, etc. Throughout it all, she boasts of her ability to read and use men for the roles she wanted, and yet it’s clear to the reader that things were not as cut and dried as that. The book’s strongest passages are when Barbara describes her ever-declining value as a prostitute, and this she seems crystal clear about. She describes the situation as “my price had fallen.” And these pages are heart wrenching, painful, and perceptive. The book includes many black and white photos, and Barbara’s deterioration is shocking. As often happens with an autobiography, you trade the skill of a polished professional writer for the raw account of the celebrity. While I Am Not Ashamed isn’t a perfect book, film noir fans will be fascinated by Barbara Payton’s unforgettable memoir.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
It's a shame about her. She really had the capability to be a great star instead of TMZ fodder. Who knows, maybe Tarantino will give her a resurrecting starring role when she's 45 and all cleaned up.....

Just a person i hope she gets straight and happy

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
I'm somewhat ambivilent toward Lindsey Lohan. I certainly hope, for her sake, that she learns theres a far better ways to live life than what she's doing. I can't judge her, but it seems like she's a glutton for punishment -- actively ignoring good advice, like.. lay off the drugs.

Personally, as a movie goer, I wouldn't want to reward actresses / actors like Lohan with buying that movie ticket when there are far more impressive artists who deserve it because they're good... not because they wound up arrested / in rehab / on the cover of a tabloid for the 87,562nd time. Maybe that's just me, but as far as Lindsy Lohan goes.. eh.. make a comeback.. or don't make a comeback, doesn't really matter either way. Just my .02 cents

Is There a Lindsay Lohan Movie in the Works?

Lindsay Lohan: The Movie may just be headed to a theater near you. According to the New York Post, 26-year-old Lydia Hearst Shaw is set to play a character in the new film Dogs in Pocketbooks, which is said to be based on the troubled life of Lindsay Lohan.

"Lydia will play a bratty movie goddess in and out of rehab, in trouble with the law, and hounded by greedy agents, predatory paparazzi, off-the-wall stalkers and crazed media -- a role obviously based on Lindsay Lohan," filmmaker Charles Casillo told the New York Post.

And, of course, he insists that the new flick is not meant to make fun of the troubled starlet. "[The movie] is in no way mean-spirited towards Lindsay. It's the kind of thing she has spoofed about herself in the past. It's more of a satire about the crazy people around her and the situations they generate. It satirizes the obsession with modern celebrity."

Meanwhile, Lindsay's dad, Michael Lohan, is not too happy about the news of a flick based on his daughter's life, and is threatening a lawsuit.

"I smell more attorney fees brewing," Michael Lohan tells E! News. "To date, I don't know that Lindsay's rep or [her mom] Dina and I have been contacted about this 'venture.' "

Taking a dig at Lydia Hearst, who is heir to the Hearst publishing fortune and daughter of once-kidnapped Patricia Campbell Hearst and Bernard Shaw, Michael said, "Personally, I don't understand why Mr. Casillo and Lydia Hearst find it so fascinating they would want to make a movie about Lindsay and our family. Especially when the Hearst's family is more interesting and probably has more drama than ours."

He even (sarcastically, of course) made his own suggestions for the casting of other roles in the film. "If this is a satire, I bet they get Courtney Love to play Dina [Lohan], Mel Gibson to play me, and Lydia should realy foot the bill on Lindsay," he says.
http://www.ivillage.com/there-lindsa...s-0/1-a-309446

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
It's actually a good idea for a film, if it's done up right. Very timely topic, and LL isn't the only one running around Hollywood shenanigizing.

There is definitely a lohan movie in the makings. I've seen it everywhere. Could be funny. I personally don't think she'll be coming back.

Hopefully Gomez doesn't go down the disney star path
On the other hand, I'm glad Miley finally loosened up.
and... I just plain don't like Demi, for no real reason either.

I reckon Gomez will be Hillary Duff. She will have a few movie roles after Wizards and then ultimately , dissapear from the scene. And her music career will die aswell.

I honestly see Miley falling into Lohan's shoes. The path is laid out for her , all she needs to do is walk it.

Demi...I dunno What The hell is up with her ? Do You ? Why did she get into rehab for again ?

She's going to do some time now. No more slaps on the wrist regardless of how much she cries.

It's gotten to the point where I don't give a damn about what happens to her. She hasn't even done any movies for a couple years, hasn't she?

Semper Fooey
If she goes to prison I think her career is all done. Any movies she might make in the future will be direct to video. She now can be crowned the all time champ for self destructive Hollywood celebrities and she had some very tough competition.

Semper Fooey
I'm pretty sure her career is already finished
Apparently not. I didn't read the details yet, but my Aol news feed says she has been cast in the John Tarvolta Gotti movie.

It is really sad that she is destroying herself. She had a lot of talent early in her career and even in Mean Girls. Maybe she may grow up at some point , but she is certainly running out of time.

Semper Fooey
Apparently as we speak she is still in the movie. She was recast in a smaller role or maybe she didn't get the part she wanted, Gott's wife, and is now playing Junior's wife, but I wouldn't hold my breath she doesn't get fired again.

Semper Fooey
Things are looking up for LL (with those initials she should have been cast as Lois Lane). She is cast in a movie and the judge reduced her theft charge to a misdemeanor.

Things are looking up for LL (with those initials she should have been cast as Lois Lane). She is cast in a movie and the judge reduced her theft charge to a misdemeanor.
Good news for Linds. Hope she can keep the good news rolling and stay far away from the bad news.