Rioting in the U.S.

Tools    

In your opinion it is and who the f*ck cares? He called someone a cracker...George Floyd was killed. I honestly do not understand why this matters or why you brought it up.

We're talking about a black man who was killed by a white police officer and you're saying....well whites have it tough too it's hot fair.
No you're misunderstanding me or I'm not explaining properly. I want to know why it's a racial murder instead of just a murder with the information we have now. And I never said whites have it tough.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I don't doubt that he might be a racist, but there is no evidence that the George Floyd killing was racially motivated. If you have a link detailing his past racism please post it. I looked before and I couldn't find anything, although I agree with his record he should have been gone long ago.
No "might be" anything. He's racist. Ask any protester and they'll tell you that the murder was racially motivated.

No "might be" anything. He's racist. Ask any protester and they'll tell you that the murder was racially motivated.
I repped you because I know you're kidding.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
No you're misunderstanding me or I'm not explaining properly. I want to know why it's a racial murder instead of just a murder with the information we have now. And I never said whites have it tough.

I'm not saying it is a racial murder or not. I am saying he murdered him. All the racial undertones coming up from this is important regardless.

Do I think he killed him because he was black? No. I think he was treated the way he was because he was black. Which just so happened to result in his death.

I'm not saying it is a racial murder or not. I am saying he murdered him. All the racial undertones coming up from this is important regardless.

Do I think he killed him because he was black? No. I think he was treated the way he was because he was black. Which just so happened to result in his death.
There's a lot of things we agree on. There's nothing wrong for you to think he was treated that way because he was black, and I would not dismiss the idea at all. What is wrong is for the media to label it a racial murder. We need to know things to improve things, not guess. That's what I believe.

You ready? You look ready.
Convince me and give me an example. I don't feel like watching Ahwell's video, no offense Ahwell.
You do not feel the need to learn about the history of suffering experienced by other races at the hand of the white man? Or acknowledge that there is a history of systematic oppression that has influenced current day power dynamics?

That, in and of itself, is white privilege.

You do not feel the need to learn about the history of suffering experienced by other races at the hand of the white man? Or acknowledge that there is a history of systematic oppression that has influenced current day power dynamics?

That, in and of itself, is white privilege.
Repped you by accident LOL No that's not what I'm saying, but it is a trend for people to put words in my mouth. I'm asking someone to give me an example of white privilege.

OK so since nobody can give me an example, I'll give my own example coming from this former presidential candidate –

Anybody agree with her?

Wonder why she didn't last long.

Repped you by accident LOL No that's not what I'm saying, but it is a trend for people to put words in my mouth. I'm asking someone to give me an example of white privilege.
I just did. Your reluctance to acknowledge that history has an effect on current day events is white privilege.

In an effort to show solidarity with the protesters, I just looted cricket's underwear drawer. This is what I found:

I'd try them on but there's stains in the back.

I just did. Your reluctance to acknowledge that history has an effect on current day events is white privilege.
I never said it didn't. Black people have had horrible times. I'm trying to skip your point here because it's a waste of time. Just give me an example.

I never held with the idea of 'sins of the father'. That type of thinking negates individual responsibility. Nor do I believe in collective guilt of a race, people or country. There's only individuals who can decide to do right or decide to do wrong.

I never said it didn't. Black people have had horrible times. I'm trying to skip your point here because it's a waste of time. Just give me an example.
You skipping the point because you think it is a waste of time is white privilege.

Either history has no effect on current day and race doesn’t play a factor in day to day life, or history does effect the current day and current race relations have been shaped by that history.

Thanks for the video. I've been trying to learn about systemic racism but couldn't find a good jumping off point to put things into perspective. This helped a lot.

I never held with the idea of 'sins of the father'. That type of thinking negates individual responsibility. Nor do I believe in collective guilt of a race, people or country. There's only individuals who can decide to do right or decide to do wrong.
It does not negate individual responsibility. It necessitates action to unlearn the good/bad dichotomies about race, and it compels action to correct the systems of power that teach those dichotomies.

We are products of the stories taught to us, and this is effectively saying that isn’t the case.

You skipping the point because you think it is a waste of time is white privilege.

Either history has no effect on current day and race doesn’t play a factor in day to day life, or history does effect the current day and current race relations have been shaped by that history.
OK you're not going to give me an example of white privilege. I didn't think so. Maybe next year.