The Crown

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
First time I've seen that. What a great trailer. Thanks for posting, matey.

I havent started my binge yet but Have been reading some rave viewer reviews from the fandom. Might kick off my epic binge as a non binger when I get home tomorrow.

I'm watching The Crown on DVD, really liking it for the most part. The actress who plays the Queen is real good! Is there more than just the 1st season?
Oh she's great, CR. And the actress who plays her sister is as well. Enjoy! As Saunch said seaason 2 just started.

Oh she's great, CR. And the actress who plays her sister is as well. Enjoy! As Saunch said seaason 2 just started.
Oh, I'll have to wait a while to watch season 2, no TV for me. DVDs only.

Oh, I'll have to wait a while to watch season 2, no TV for me. DVDs only.
Is your wife watching as well, CR? Cant believe how much I love that considering I was only going to watch the pilot. Totally hooked.

This might just do nobody any good.
I’m going through season 1 again, just to make sure I’m on the right page (I do this with every show).

It’s all a fine testament to acting but this time around Lithgow and Stephen Dillane (aka Stannis Baratheon) really shone to me. It’s nice to see the latter do something other than sneer.

Is your wife watching as well, CR? Cant believe how much I love that considering I was only going to watch the pilot. Totally hooked.
Of course! We watch everything together. She's really liking it too. I love ongoing dramas, when I was a kid they were called mini series. Have you seen A Town Like Alice

It's set in the outback at a sheep station in Australia. I thought it was pretty darn good.

Of course! We watch everything together. She's really liking it too. I love ongoing dramas, when I was a kid they were called mini series. Have you seen A Town Like Alice

It's set in the outback at a sheep station in Australia. I thought it was pretty darn good.
I saw A Town Like Alice as a kid, same as the Thorn Birds, another mini series (we call it that as well)

Oh yeah, Thorn Birds that was another great one.
If I had a rewatch now it would probably be very dated and too much bryan brown who I didnt really like but I think that was his big breakthrough for hollywood.

We've come a long way in mini series, though. 100 million for the first season of The Crown. Pretty amazing for a mini series. I wonder what season 2 is costing.

5 down. So far so good. Cannot say anything for spoilers, but dayum I love the clothes and hairstyles. Cars arent bad either.

This is not spoilery but I was just wondering after having my lil binge session last night -

There's a scene with Elizabeth at Sandringham where she's stomping around out in the mud wearing a skirt and gumboots (I dont know what americans call them so look like this

Makes me wonder if she ever wears trackie pants and gumboots while picking up dog poop like I do. Oh wait...she probably forces some underling to do that.

And getting back to the current theme in the trumpty thread, I wonder if she and Phil ever sit back and think what an outrageous amount of money they live off. Are they hoarding it for a sunny day?

Finished the season one revisit and started Wolf Hall with Claire Foy (its engrossing, btw) and I’ll be spending the weekend with my family and I’ve been informed they’ve only just started season one of The Crown, so...

Do you think Claire just get better looking? Gee I think she's so pretty in this. That scene in episode 5 (I think) when she's wearing the red hat and coat and Phil is mocking her hair - she's absolutely stunning.

She’s like Sean Bean in that period or fantasy setting clothing just sort of... suit her.

Here’s Wolf Hall’s look:

********Ooh episode 6 so those not up to date enter at your own risk*********

WARNING: spoilers below
was it widely known he was a NAZI sympathiser or was that just a rumour? I would have had him hanged for treason...simply for being a whiney little man bitch

I dont believe in the death penalty so would have had to think about that

for 3 seconds

Not really spoilery but

I was told what a jealous lil vixen she was. Ouch re: what Jacqueline said about her and the palace. Not a very well mannered guest, that's for sure.

@Saunch

Will leave convo for later.