Mouthgasms for MoFo foodies

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Share your fave foodie vids or photos. Make me lick the screen, and inspire my cooking mojo.

Caramelised vietnamese fish stew

salt and pepper crab

omg Dani nobody wants to talk about food

/ducks

lol Let's delete our off topic food tangent from the other thread now that we have a place to drool over the good stuff...

I deleted them as I copied the linkies, champ. so hungry. Drooling like a demented old hag.

Do you have things like asia mart, india mart etc where you can get imported ingredients where you are. I have a few down the road so if you ever need ingredients you cant get just let me know and I'll send over.

This looks perfect for our dinner tonight. That sbs site is really good. SBS is our multi cultural network. Lots of super cool aussie chefs on the food channel. I think the creme fraiche dressing is overkill. I will be substituting a balsamic or red wine vinaigrette, no doubt with a stack of garlic and cracked black pepper, and dumping the agave syrup. I think the peaches here are sweet enough. Hmmmm...licking the screen.

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/c...se-and-walnuts

I improvise a lot with cooking. Can tell by an ingredient list in a recipe if it will work, and often change things around. Bought blue spinner crabs but they're frozen so that's tonight's dinner - the crab recipe above. Will use fresh ginger instead of dry.

Sunday brunch is the pear and prosciutto recipe above. Played around with chargrilled figs, soft blue vein, crispy chorizo, and the red wine vinaigrette.

Oh My God Farva. Blue vein melted all over the chorizo. Hint from me -does not need creamy dressing. Go for red wine, balsamic or apple cider vinegar.

mouthgasm rating. Woooooo. Need to hose ma self down.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

OK I have decided on a rating system.

Multiple Mouthgasm = 5 stars
Mouthgasm = 4 stars
Didn't quite get there Mouthgasm but it was nice nevertheless - 3 stars
Not a Mouthgasm - OK if you're hungry and have nothing else
A trip to the dentist is not a Mouthgasm - not fit to feed the dog.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

As you can see my cooking skills are highly developed.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

How to correctly eat waffles.

Make a waffle

put peanut butter on it

then maple syrup

then eat it.

Mouthgasm ensues

OMG Dani thanks for posting those mouthgasm-ish Vietnamese foods. The cooking look amazing, I'll have to try it soon.

I deleted them as I copied the linkies, champ. so hungry. Drooling like a demented old hag.

Do you have things like asia mart, india mart etc where you can get imported ingredients where you are. I have a few down the road so if you ever need ingredients you cant get just let me know and I'll send over.
I have some sections for exotic ingredients at my grocery store, I'll look and see what all they have, but again, Southern US... we never stray far from our roots when it comes to cooking, kid you not I didn't even try chinese take out til a couple years ago...

kid you not I didn't even try chinese take out til a couple years ago...

Wow. There's never been a time in my life we're You wouldn't stumble upon a chinese restaurant. Even in a little 'outback' town I worked in many moons ago that had an enormous population of 900 (and diminishing daily) there was a chinese restaurant in the corner pub. You name it, you'll find that cuisine here. Do you remember what you chose from the menu the first time?

And down south there do you guys have yum cha restaurants? Much fun and gluttony to be had; quite noisy, lots of little kids using chopsticks. From my experience in China you'll actually find more of this type of eating than mainland China. I often make dumplings, pot stickers etc but if we go to a daytime movie on the weekend both of us will squeal YUM CHA! They open as early as 9am and go through to about 3pm. It's a brunch festival, and you choose the restaurants packed with asian aussies.

Have you mastered chopsticks? When I was knee high to a grasshopper our parents took us to singapore and Malaysia. Dear mother told me, my younger brother and a brother a year older than me that if we couldn't use chopsticks we would starve. When I asked why she told me they don't have knives and forks. LOL. We got a scurry on.

Thanks for adding pics, guys. Lobster - tick. Ramen - tick. Ham and tomato - tick (not all our food in this house is exotic. Nothing like a humble toastie or sandwich, and i love love love tomato. peanut butter - tick. The only thing I can't do is durian, natto, or that funny looking orange cheese in USA that looks like an orange exploded.

I just choked on my tea.

Just incase i come across as a total snotty food snob, this is what I had for dinner last night

and a cheap and cheerful bottle of sparkling wine

No glass. Just stuck a straw in it. Then burped.