'War of the Worlds' vs. 'Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith'

Tools    

At work I overheard customers arguing. "What should I see"? "Go see Episode II, it's better". "No, War of the Worlds is ten times better". "No, Revenge of the Sith". Nonstop bickering.

It came to me why not ask you guys. Which film is really worth seeing the most?

Originally Posted by jrs
At work I overheard customers arguing. "What should I see"? "Go see Episode III, it's better". "No, War of the Worlds is ten times better". "No, Revenge of the Sith". Nonstop bickering.

It came to me why not ask you guys. Which film is really worth seeing the most?

That's easy. The answer is clearly Crash (2005 - Paul Haggis).

And you can tell 'em I said so.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
That's easy. The answer is clearly Crash (2005 - Paul Haggis).

And you can tell 'em I said so.

That's not an answer and even though it was a great movie, Crash isn't playing in theaters anymore so that's not a choice. Even if it was part of this thread.

If you hated Menace and Clones, then you'll probably hate Sith too. If you hated Menace but thought Clones was good, then you'll probably enjoy Sith. If you loved Menace and loved Clones, you'll just drool over Sith.

But if you're not really into the whole Star Wars thing and you don't have any other choice, go and see War of the Worlds.

Originally Posted by jrs
That's not an answer and even though it was a great movie, Crash isn't playing in theaters anymore so that's not a choice.
Crash is still playing in theaters around here in Portland, where people have taste beyond the half-dozen mega-budget would-be blockbusters thrust down the public's collective throat.

But of "big" movies still in mainstream multiplexes, definitely see Mr. & Mrs. Smith before either Spielberg or Lucas' flicks. Batman Begins is also a better choice than War and Sith.

And you can tell 'em I said that, too.

I enjoyed both Sith and Worlds quite a bit, but I have to go with Worlds, since it has less problems with dialogue. But I'd suggest seeing both as they show the some of the best big-budget summer cinema have to offer.

And this is my BOOMstick!
War of the Worlds

Or Batman. Which was unlike anything I thought it would be and still exceeded my expectations.

well i happen to agree with holden on this one...

i can't even understand why people would even be confused on which one to see...if they were star wars fans, there would be no choice at all..they'd see star wars...so clearly the choice would be war of the worlds...

if you want my opinion, i think that they are both worth seeing...

Revenge of the Sith is pretty good, but War of the Worlds is way better IMO. As for Mr. and Mrs. Smith--don't waste your time on that crap. Batman Begins is OK.

If you are into star wars i definitly say go see it. but if you just don't understand all the hype it has had all these years you probobly still wont understand it so then i say War of the Worlds.

I no its no tpart of the question but i thought Batman Begins was great but as of Mr. and Mrs Smith i thought it was plain boring and dull had no fun watching it

The Adventure Starts Here!
Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Okay, so you have to drive two states west to find a theater that still plays it. Still, it's worth it. Everyone should experience it in-theater at least once.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I just plain did not enjoy War of the Worlds. At all. Period.

To me, it was like seeing Independence Day, Mars Attacks! and Signs all over again in one movie that had a more of an official title to it. And other than a couple of things, the movie is basically a remake off of the 1952 classic. It was also overly-depressing, which really wasn't a big factor in any of the previous movies I have just listed. Sure, I understand it's about Earth getting screwed by Martians, but I feel that this is over-dramatically done. I did, however, do a jump for joy when Cruise was abducted by the Martians, but it later came crashing down when the Martian anus didn't probe him in all the way. (C'mon... who didn't think that thing looked like an anus? And I'm not sick-minded for saying that. I know my health and that looked like one.) This is my opinion on it, and I'm sticking to it.

As for Star Wars, fan or not, I think you should see it due to the fact that it will be the last newest one in theaters. And yes, I am a Star Wars fan, but don't let that cloud your judgement on my opinions. It did have its drags (Lucas could have saved as a good hour and a half leading up to Vader's unveiling) but it was still a good film, what with a great ending and all. It too, is also depressing to a small degree, but nothing like "all hopes are against us" War of the Worlds.

As for Crash, if you haven't seen it yet, DO SO. It is a great drama that I think many will enjoy and might even change your views on racisim. I know that a Greensboro, NC police chief took the entire police department to see the film as a "basic training" type of thing, and he felt it was well worth it. Afterwards there was a discussion about the film, and many of the new recruits felt the film helped them view enforcing law on minorities in a new manner, as well enforcing it on same-skinned majorities.

Custom User Title
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
I just plain did not enjoy War of the Worlds. At all. Period.

To me, it was like seeing Independence Day, Mars Attacks! and Signs all over again in one movie that had a more of an official title to it. And other than a couple of things, the movie is basically a remake off of the 1952 classic. It was also overly-depressing, which really wasn't a big factor in any of the previous movies I have just listed. Sure, I understand it's about Earth getting screwed by Martians, but I feel that this is over-dramatically done. I did, however, do a jump for joy when Cruise was abducted by the Martians, but it later came crashing down when the Martian anus didn't probe him in all the way. (C'mon... who didn't think that thing looked like an anus? And I'm not sick-minded for saying that. I know my health and that looked like one.) This is my opinion on it, and I'm sticking to it.

As for Star Wars, fan or not, I think you should see it due to the fact that it will be the last newest one in theaters. And yes, I am a Star Wars fan, but don't let that cloud your judgement on my opinions. It did have its drags (Lucas could have saved as a good hour and a half leading up to Vader's unveiling) but it was still a good film, what with a great ending and all. It too, is also depressing to a small degree, but nothing like "all hopes are against us" War of the Worlds.

As for Crash, if you haven't seen it yet, DO SO. It is a great drama that I think many will enjoy and might even change your views on racisim. I know that a Greensboro, NC police chief took the entire police department to see the film as a "basic training" type of thing, and he felt it was well worth it. Afterwards there was a discussion about the film, and many of the new recruits felt the film helped them view enforcing law on minorities in a new manner, as well enforcing it on same-skinned majorities.
MovieMaker, you are an ass. Your opinion is that of a moronic one, and I think you're racist for saying what you said about Crash.

I know everyone's opinion is always right, but yours is clearly wrong.

Originally Posted by User Name
MovieMaker, you are an ass. Your opinion is that of a moronic one, and I think you're racist for saying what you said about Crash.

What the frig are you talking about?

A system of cells interlinked

Glad you could add such wonderful wisdom about the subject. Racist statement? Huh?

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Glad to see that I'm not the only one confused...
I'll join the gang... ... uh, I mean .

Phew!

You ready? You look ready.

Ok, that was like really random and totally pointless. BTW MovieMaker, we are on the same page with War of the Worlds.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza