Films With Loooong Shots.

Tools    

I keep on forgetting people, but Wes Anderson uses a lot of long shots, two that i can think of now is the scene at the wedding towards the end in the Royal Tenenbaums, as well as the argument between Owen Wilson and Bill Murray on the boat in the Life Aquatic. Gus Van Sant also uses a ton of long shots in Elephant. I think pretty much all of that movie is comprised of long shots.

"I can't help it..."
I've remembered some more, by myself:
The Brown Bunny and Pups... and I can't remember fully, but I think there were some very long shots in Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter ... and Spring.

Once again, thanks for the help!
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

By the way a "looooooooooong" shot reffers to the cameras placement in relation to the main subject, not it's movement or the length of the take.

Learning is rad!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
By the way a "looooooooooong" shot reffers to the cameras placement in relation to the main subject, not it's movement or the length of the take.
Yes, he meant "single unedited take" but said "loooong shot". It was clear when he meant in context though.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yes, he meant "single unedited take" but said "loooong shot". It was clear when he meant in context though.
It wasn't clear to me.
That's why I said Powers of Ten, which has a shot from the edge of the known universe.

It was clear when he meant in context though.
Usually when someone uses a definition, like "looooong shot," they're talking about a long shot, not a "single unedited take." I thought he/she might like to know the difference.

Have a sh_tty day,
PimpDaShizzle

PS:
By sh_tty I cleary meant good, right?

Also, should we go over the use of Epic or is that "clear" enough?

Obviously, neither of you have seen Russian Ark, because if you had, you'd understand his reference towards it to mean one long-ass take.

Carry on.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

"I can't help it..."
Sorry, I didn't realise that I wasn't very clear. Yes, I meant a long, single, unedited take.

I think everyone understood except Pimp Boy

Regardless of what he meant I thought he might want to know the difference. I knew what the thread was getting at because Sedai mentioned Rope, but other than that I thought he meant LONG shots. It's not a big deal....

.... because I'm right.

I'm more than happy to continue explaining the difference between a LONG SHOT and a SINGLE UNEDITED TAKE.

Actually, I'm not happy about that commitment. Cinematic Terms
LONG SHOT vs LONG TAKE

What's the name of this thread?
....films with long SHOTS

And this is my BOOMstick!
Shaun of the Dead when he goes to the store in the morning.

Regardless of what he meant I thought he might want to know the difference. I knew what the thread was getting at because Sedai mentioned Rope, but other than that I thought he meant LONG shots. It's not a big deal....

.... because I'm right.

I'm more than happy to continue explaining the difference between a LONG SHOT and a SINGLE UNEDITED TAKE.

Actually, I'm not happy about that commitment. Cinematic Terms
LONG SHOT vs LONG TAKE

What's the name of this thread?
....films with long SHOTS
I'm finding the whole thing kinda funny, personally. If this were a forum about kitten rescue, Pimp would be being a twerp, but it's a film forum. He's not bagging on Ezekiel, he's just making the valid point that they're different terms. Don't make me put y'all on time out!

Learning is rad!
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
It wasn't clear to me.
That's why I said Powers of Ten, which has a shot from the edge of the known universe.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Obviously, neither of you have seen Russian Ark, because if you had, you'd understand his reference towards it to mean one long-ass take.

Carry on.
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
He's not bagging on Ezekiel…
Who said he was?

BTW: I was talking to you too. **...ppllphhffpfff...**

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Who said he was?

BTW: I was talking to you too. **...ppllphhffpfff...**

The suggestion that he might have been was implied in the defense.
And you're right: I haven't seen the Ark movie... Hadn't even heard of it. The more movies I see, the more I realise I haven't seen.

Pimp

"I can't help it..."
I watched Visconti's Death In Venice last night; some great long(-ish) shots in there.

Well, it's not that long, but the one in Fight Club where they enter lou's tavern, and it follows them all the way to the cellar. I think it is breathtaking camerawork that can be envied by anyone who makes their own films.

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence." Alex (A Clockwork Orange)