Older Movies That Discuss Modern Technology

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I like to see for example, a movie in the 50s that not only talk about modern technology, but what they think of it, perhaps what they estimate happens in the future. I'd love to go chronologically to document the changes and perceptions, the pros and cons.

I was thinking of including Things to Come in my sci-fi countdown list, but while it is an interesting & groundbreaking science fiction film with some prophetic predictions, its overall entertainment value as a movie didn't quite qualify it for the 25 best! (IMO)

Boldly going.
Most movies, not just in the '50s, are always way off when it comes to predicting technology. Back to the Future 2 had flying cars by 2015; Blade runner had replicants (androids) by 2016, etc., etc. I prefer it when the captions keep it vague (ie. "In the future...")

The most loathsome of all goblins
I saw "Things To Come" but that wasn't the technology that was around in the 1930s!
I think I misunderstood, you mean films about the technology of their own time.

This might be what you're looking for, even if the tech is not entirely true to life:

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Thanks! Someone else recommended that movie ^

I'll do a search on cable right now, thanks again... Of course, I just canceled my Netflix free subscription yesterday. I'll look tomorrow and gonna watch the NBA All-Star Weekend.