Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!!

Tools    

Too late for me to join?

If not, I will post my noms here...just let me know how many noms I get.

Paul McCartney & Wings - Silly Love Songs
Bryan Adams & Tina Turner - It's Only Love
Phil Collins - A Groovy Kind of Love
Phil Collins - Two Hearts
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had a Gun...
Billy Ocean - Suddenly
Michael Jackson - The Lady in My Life
Oasis - Slide Away
Gary Barlow - Forever Love
Robbie Williams - Angels
Wet Wet Wet - Love is All Around
Kool & the Gang - Joanna
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Here is my 12th Song I think would Mojo get the same number of Songs if he wanted too play.

12 I Just Called To Say I Love You---Stevie Wonder.
https:/m.youtube.com/watch?v=QwOU3bnuU0k

gawd ive tried several times last night and today to post but it wont let me. it just says token expiered or something even though ive just gotten on,and ive gone out of the thread and back and done it all over and it still says that

You're definitely missing something hun
Yes I am. Love. I need lots of it.

sorry Lisa. You've got all mine correct in your list at the beginning
Here is my 12th Song I think would Mojo get the same number of Songs if he wanted too play.
Thanks a lot.

That sounds weird, Topsy. If it happens again, let Yoda know. He may understand what's going on.

MoJo, I forgot to add that it is 12 songs each.

My noms are all set. Scroll up to my first post.
Great! Thanks a lot.

I have too many songs, so I need to delete a few more. I also have to get some work done in my home, first. I think Tattwo still needs to catch up. I'll shoutbox him. I will have mine done before I go to bed. If I've said that before, so what. I'm crazy. I will tonight. I promise. If Tattwo makes it, I will for sure get round one up, as well. IIIII Prrrooomiiiise!!!

Im ok with anyone joining for the more people the more songs and its funner seeing what songs people come up with for me. I think we should do Next is A TV Music Tournament or Maybe A Heart Break Songs since this one is about Love.

Did you short your noms by half and also Ned's for Mojo to join? Just wondering

La Vie en Rose
Let your Hurt Hold Fast
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
Dido - Here with Me
Thanks for the songs. No, I just haven't finish fixing his links, and choosing my songs. I'm going to do it now, though. Then I'll post the first round.

Im ok with anyone joining for the more people the more songs and its funner seeing what songs people come up with for me. I think we should do Next is A TV Music Tournament or Maybe A Heart Break Songs since this one is about Love.
Those are good ideas. I think MoJo is doing a movie clip tournament at some point.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Unless I'm missing something here, Ned, you have around twenty songs. I need for you to choose 12 from them, and post them here.

If I didn't miss any, these are the songs that Ned posted. It looks like he has 14, so he has to remove 2 songs.

1 Islands In The Stream Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton

NOTE: In the Country Music Tournament, we had a problem finding a non-U.S.version of "Islands in the Stream" that wasn't a live version, but this link seemed to work. It's a full album, but it goes directly to this song.

Islands in the Stream - Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton

2 You Got It.-----Roy Orbison

3 Its Your Love------Faith Hill and Tim McGraw

4 Can You Feel The Love Tonight----Elton John

5 Bop With You Baby------Dan Seals

6 You'll Be In My Heart----Phil Collins

7 Kiss From A Rose----Seal

8 All For One -----Bryan Adams, Sting and Rod Stewart

9 Mama Im Coming Home----Ozzy

10 I Dont Wanna Miss A Thing---Aerosmith

11 Peter Cetera----Glory Of Love

12 Every Light In The House Is On----Trace Adkins

13 Through The Rocking Years----Dolly and Ricky

14 I Just Called To Say I Love You---Stevie Wonder

Thank you, very much. I copy/pasted each post that he had songs in, and then I deleted the songs you redid, and added your's. I probably missed some when I did that. That's what I told my kids. I was so tired, I just gave up. I'm only getting an hour and a half for my sleep. Me so sad.

Lisa hun - am gonna drop out of this one so please remove my noms. Sorry for the late notice.

edit: If leaving my noms in makes things easier then feel free to do so - whatever makes it easier for you.

Thanks a lot. I'm trying to get this ready. All I had to do now, was delete the last two he gave me. It's 14 songs. That means he didn't need to give me those last two. I'm sitting here numbering them, so I can do that random organizer thing.

I'll just have to pray everything's OK with this. Bad luck central. I'm freakin' stuck there.

I left Chyp in. He said he was trying to make my numbers easier to vote on, but I could leave him in if I wanted. I did.

Well, if the noms are staying in then I'm sure as sheepdip staying in and voting too Look forward to seeing how the tournament progresses.

Round 1, Day 1

You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins vs. A Fine Frenzy - Near to You
First started promisingly but turned out to not really be my cup of tea, second was nice enough.

Billy Ocean - Suddenly vs. Britney Spears - Touch of My Hand
Never been a fan of the first.

Judie Tzuke - Stay With Me Till Dawn vs. Air Supply - Two Less Lonely People in the World
Nice to hear that Air Supply song - I have to be in the right mood for them though so they don't get played that often.

Delegation - Oh Honey vs. Salt-N-Pepa ~ Let's Talk About Sex
Liked the Salt N Pepa number when it came out, sadly interest has waned dramatically as time has passed by.

Bryan Adams & Tina Turner - It's Only Love vs. Iyeoka - Simply Falling
Easy decision for me, love the second one and will be checking out more from her.

Don't Believe a Word - Thin Lizzy vs. Oasis - Slide Away
Another easy one - one's Oasis and one isn't.

Michael Jackson - The Lady in My Life vs. Its Your Love - Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
Not much of a fan of either tbh.

Selena - Dreaming of You vs. Janis Joplin-Cry Baby

Would've voted the other way if the criteria was who was hotter though