Television Tab

Tools    

Watched all of LOST season 3 last weekend and now I'm going to watch all 6 seasons of The Soprano's since we just got picked up both parts of the sixth season.

Any body watch the new Knight Rider the other day? Or is that to low brow? I liked it. Sue me. Those Shelby Mustangs are pretty sweet.

Still working my way to season six of The Sporano's, and we started a little bit of this last night.

Yet another Sci-fi show that started out on the worst network ever. That's FOX for those of you playing at home. At least this show got a full season under it's belt before FOX canceled it I suppose. The CGI is pretty cheesy but over all the show itself is pretty decent. I'm not sure and I may look into it at some point but I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the new BSG writers were involved with this older show, its got a lot of similar feels to some of the episodes, that the newer BSG does.

Beware The Probe!
The CGI is pretty cheesy but over all the show itself is pretty decent. I'm not sure and I may look into it at some point but I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the new BSG writers were involved with this older show, its got a lot of similar feels to some of the episodes, that the newer BSG does.
I thought the same thing.
To me looking back at Space: Above & Beyond, it seems like a cross between the original BSG and the current BSG.
That's the vibe I get from it anyway.

Welcome to the human race...
For my birthday I was given Seinfeld: The Complete Series - all 180 episodes from all 9 seasons. Currently going to fight my way through it.

Just recently watched the 4th season of Oz - I'm addicted to the show, I love it. I know it aired on TV going on 7 years ago, but I can't get enough, and they're releasing the DVDs too slowly.

My TV schedule goes:

MONDAY
9:30pm Dirty Sexy Money

TUESDAY
8:30 Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (Sue me, it's hilarious.)
9:30 The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Love it.)

WEDNESDAY
9:30 Burn Notice

THURSDAY
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 The Footy Show (Absolute hilarity.)

FRIDAY
8:30 AFL Football.

SATURDAY
7:30 More football.

SUNDAY
6:30 Gladiators

Things that stretch over the entire week are probably The Biggest Loser & Friends.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Season Two of Rome.

I'd watched 2/3 of this HBO/BBC co-production on TV a few months ago before a memory-related PVR malfunction meant that I missed the remaining episodes. My local video store is doing TV series rentals for £7 a week no matter how many discs in the season set so I thought, "What the heck".

The show has always been more Up Pompeii than I, Claudius and probably all the better for it. Decadence drips from every scene, the art direction is absolutely wonderful and each cast member (wo)manfully goes up to 11.

Ultimately, season two succumbs to what I can only imagine to be The Deadwood Syndrome - The producers hear about the show's impending cancellation half way through shooting so compress 10 episodes into 8 while shoehorning an entire third season into the remaining 2 programmes - and it's a real shame.

The last few years have been a Golden Age for TV drama - The Sopranos, Carnivale, The Wire and the mighty Deadwood to name but four - and Rome deserves its place in the Pantheon (see what I did there? ). Sadly, like many an Emperor, it didn't serve its full term.

Carry on, Cleo...

Thanks Tatty, I've heard more than once that Rome isn't quite as good as some of the other "heavies" that have been on HBO. If they would just price those things a little more reasonably I would buy most of HBO's series but they just put them out there like they are disc's encased in gold pressed latinum for chirst's sake.

I'd put it below the shows I mentioned but it's the sort of television that justifies my time spent watching it.

We've got the same inflated prices over here, obscenely so. My 3 seasons of Deadwood cost the thick end of £100 (and that was after endless searching and wheeler-dealing on eBay) and are running at £39.99 each in most stores here - the R2 copies have even fewer extras and no commentaries either (so two of mine are R1, heh).

Yeah, I found both Oz and Six Feet Under on Amazon for just under $170 for the entire series but I still have yet to actually pry that much out of my wallet yet. I seem to have some sort of fundamentally core issue with shelling out that much cash for DVD's.

On a side note there is another network here that has some pretty decent original programming of it's own called FX. Have you ever seen The Shield or Rescue Me? Both are really quite good if you ever run across them for a reasonable price.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You know, I think that Saturday Night Live is starting to actually be funny again. I laughed through most of tonights episode, and that hasn't happened in a long time. Maybe the strike did them good, let them re-group, or maybe it's Tina Fey not being the head writer anymore (ok, I love that woman, she's hilarious on 30 Rock, and oh so gorgeous, but the years she was in charge were pretty much the worst since the early 80's.), but the show really is good. The cast is funny and the writing is absurd and not aimed directly at 12 year olds anymore...I'll keep watching if they keep bringing the funny.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I am not a reality tv kinda guy, but I love Hell's Kitchen, if for nothing more than learning new things to do in the Kitchen.

On a side note there is another network here that has some pretty decent original programming of it's own called FX. Have you ever seen The Shield or Rescue Me? Both are really quite good if you ever run across them for a reasonable price.
Heard about but haven't seen. The problem with a lot of the US shows is that they're either tucked away on satellite/cable or not shown at all. The Sopranos, Lost, 24 etc make it to the terrestrial channels but unless you want to hand Murdoch your money you're flying blind or going by word of mouth about the rest.

Originally Posted by 7th
I am not a reality tv kinda guy, but I love Hell's Kitchen, if for nothing more than learning new things to do in the Kitchen.
Gordon 'F*cking' Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen? I must admit that I've learned a lot from Ramsay myself...

...Vocabulary-wise.

There are probably some parts of Rescue Me that you may particularly enjoy, such as: Dennis Leary plays an alcoholic Firefighter in a post 9/11 New York City and oh yeah he's Irish and he is constantly trying to quit drinking (if you can wrap your mind around that concept) and not be such an *sshole to everyone he loves. Other than that though the show sucks... (I keed, I keed)

Colour out of Time
There is nothing really of interest on Aussie TV at the moment ...

I tend to watch
Media Watch ... where media is scrutinised.
7.30 Report ... news/current affairs programme
4 Corners ... news/investigative/current affairs programme
Late Line ... news programme
Under Belly ... drama about the criminal fued which happened in 90's in Australia.
Time Team ... BBC programme hosted by 'Baldric' from Black Adder ... archeology programme.

So not much on ... thinking of re-watching Dexter season 1 and 2

The new season of Deadliest Catch just started this week. I really like the show. I get seasick and I don't like to be cold when I fish, so watching it from the friendly and warm confines of my home is like a bonus or something.

The Office!

I'm glad I didn't judge it by the trailer I viewed.

I checked some of those 2 minute clips out, and they were very addictive. I watched quite a few, but figured I best stop. I had no idea if I was spoiling anything or not, by watching them.

This is a good deal, so I will give it a try.

The Office - Season One (2005)

$16.80 + $2.98 shipping