Johnny Depp vs Leonardo Dicaprio vs Denzel Washington

Tools    

1. Denzel

A man among boys. My only wish for him would be deeper roles after many recent basic action films. Always commands the screen and elevates anything he's in.

2. Leo

Became a fan with The Departed. Has probably had the best roles and the most talent around him.

3. Depp

Very talented and likable, but the fewest movies I like of the three. Too geared towards quirky and fantasy for my liking. I need another Donnie Brasco because Black Mass didn't cut it.

Johnny Depp will stand the test of time longer than either Leonardo DiCaprio and Denzel Washington simply because he is a bad boy and many of his films have a more classic and higher ranking than what Leo and Denzel have done. I'm not crazy about many of Johnny Depp's movies -- especially the Tim Burton stuff -- but he's gonna end up being the most remembered and the most beloved.

I love Leonardo DiCaprio and most of his films. I prefer Leonardo, in fact. Hearing about Johnny Depp at times can even annoy me -- but I think he's the coolest of the three (especially since Leo is now everywhere as a political activist) and he will have more staying power.

Denzel Washington has never been on my radar and I've barely seen anything he's starred in.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Johnny.jpg
Views:	4365
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	27381  

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Anyone seen the trailer for Denzel's new film Fences.? It looks very powerful.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I saw Virtuosity waaaay back in my Blockbuster days. Cricket's post is damn near how I feel exactly. Except I probably like Depp even less than that. Black Mass and Donnie Brasco are servicable. Gilbert Grape is good. I could probably name ten actors at least that would have been fine in all three of those.

1.Dicaprio
2. Washington
3. Depp

I love Leo, even though I don't like all his movies, he has great unique charm, he sucsessfully transitioned from teen heart throb leo to a more grown leo, gone was the wide eyed innocence to a more squinty eyed edgy performances.. though I agree with @Upton he can still be boyish but I just think that adds to his likability, I think he always had the talent but people put him into a box as eye candy and little else

I really like Denzel too (I mean seriously could you not) like been mentioned he commands the screen, IMO the greatest Black actor of all time and one of the greatest actors of all time period, if he were giving you a motivational speech, you would do whatever he told you

Never been a big fan of Depp, I think when he's not trying to be kooky and offbeat with his BFF Tim Burton, he is just plain forgettable, so vague like he might disappeare and the whole "crazy thing" has had so many fails in the last few years, one has to wonder why he keeps doing it

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Denzel has more charisma, but Dicaprio is an acting freak, able to do Shakespeare effortlessly. This feels like comparing a leading man versus an actor....Ill say Dicaprio. Denzel is a damn close second though, damn close.
Don't forget that Denzel was in the film "Much Ado About Nothing" (along with some stage productions of Shakespeare's). That man is also able to do Shakespeare effortlessly.

Denzel Washington, I'm not even sure what movies he's been in, must be stuff I haven't seen.
Well, I will find one movie that I can force upon you in a HoF one of these days.

But my order would be:
1. Denzel Washington
2. Leonardo DiCaprio
3. Johnny Depp

1- Johnny Depp
2- Leonardo Di Caprio
3- Denzel Washington

Secret Window, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Donnie Brasco, Blow, Sleepy Hollow and Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. One of my favorite actor ever and probably my favorite actor from my childhood. Depp is the man

Johnny depp, Johnny depp, and Johnny depp.

Pirates just make everything better.

All three are talented,but Leo quite easily

This might just do nobody any good.
1 - Leo. He's THE actor right now. Finally got his Oscar and the universe had to rebalance by giving us a **** year, culturally.

2 - Denzel. Agreed on the "man amongst boys" comment. I really hope the praise I've heard of Fences is true and takes him down a more serious 2nd act.

3 - Depp. Can't say I support him on anything anymore. The problem with him is that he was a character actor stuck in a leading man's body. Look a people like Christian Bale or Jude Law, graceful exits from stardom can happen...

Could'a happened.

I think Leo is probably the best actor out of the 3. I dont think Leo has had many missteps during his career.
Only recently did i think the shutter island was a bit lackluster and i continue to mix up the storyline with him and his girlfriend with that of his storyline in inception.those two movies came too close together and were to similar to me.

No denying Denzel is a great actor too though,but im not necessarily loving all of his movies. Same with Johnny,though hes done some interesting choices.
Sexy makes a good point though ive always thought Leo would be the one best remembered because hes so weil liked

you should turn this into a poll.
Not needed

Depp is easily the weakest link here.

And Denzel beats out Leo in acting ability by virtue of his performances in Malcolm X and Fences.

To Leo's credit though, he's been in the best movies of the three.

1 Leo by a mile ( can do any thing very convincingly )
2 Johnny ( granted mostly chose very peculiar roles, but delivers consistently )
3 Denzel ( no doubt a great actor, but lesser than the above mentioned 2 )

Ok, let's do the range here:

Leonardo:

The Revenant
The Wolf Of Wall Street
The Great Gatsby
Django Unchained
J. Edgar
Inception
The Departed
Gangs Of New York
Titanic

vs.

Denzel ( the Man )

Fences
The Book Of Eli
The Magnificent Seven
American Gangster
Man On Fire
John Q
Training Day
Malcolm X
Glory

I have to admit that I personally enjoyed more of the Denzel movies listed here.
Having said that, let's look at the range of acting so lets narrow it down:

The Revenant
Wolf Of Wall Street
The Departed
Django Unchained

vs.

Fences
John Q
Man On Fire
Training Day

Get my drift?