Will these classic movies ever be remade or never?

Tools    

Do you thInk Robert Zemeckis and bone gale will eventually change their minds about not remaking back to the future when they say that they’ll never do another BTTF not until their dead I am not sure if they literally mean that something fishy about that in my opinion. And do you think the other classic movies will be remade also eventually or should they leave them alone?

You're always going to disappoint somebody
If I remember this correctly Kevin Smith talked on his Podcast about once speaking to Universal about the possibility of a Jaws remake and they told him that Spielberg had basically forbidden any of his films being remade whilst he had something to say about it, which I would assume also holds true of any of the films he was the producer on.

I give it 5 minutes after his death before Universal announces a Jaws remake

Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde could be remade as a transgender transformation film called Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde that has some possibilities.

It's actually worse than the trailer makes it seem, and the trailer already makes it seem unwatchable.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

If I remember this correctly Kevin Smith talked on his Podcast about once speaking to Universal about the possibility of a Jaws remake and they told him that Spielberg had basically forbidden any of his films being remade whilst he had something to say about it, which I would assume also holds true of any of the films he was the producer on.

I give it 5 minutes after his death before Universal announces a Jaws remake
Not if his estate holds copyrights to his films. And let's wish Spielberg a long and fruitful life, with lots more movie making in store.

You're always going to disappoint somebody
Not if his estate holds copyrights to his films. And let's wish Spielberg a long and fruitful life, with lots more movie making in store.
I can just see it happening like Clockwork Orange being re-released after Kubricks death. It seems like no matter what the artist thinks family members often get distracted by large piles of cash.

Well I mean we can never say never on possible remakes, reboots, or long awaited sequels right?

Must have been British and that poster doesn't look at all familiar to me. I was going to ask if that was the same actor in both roles but it looks like a male and female. But who knows!
Sorry I missed this post last week.

But yes, Hammer Films was British (best known for their color updates of classic monster movies that ran from the mid-1950's thru the 1970's - especially Christopher Lee as Dracula several times over).

Ralph Bates played Dr. Jeckyll while Martine Beswick played Sister Hyde.

Beswick was a former "Bond Girl"!

Yes some of them are already made but with other ideas.

I might be by myself on this one, but it seems that to call a movie classic is to say that it is outstanding as it was made, that it withstands the test of time, and that it should be left as it is.

Do we need remakes of:
Citizen Kane
Vertigo
M
etc.

Remakes have their place but it seems to me that they remain imitations and many fail to capture the original creative spark that made the original "classic" work. I do like some remakes of classics. True Grit comes to mind. But part of what made that work was for the Cohen Brothers to present a fresh angle to the story. If the new True Grit is ever to be a classic in its own right, it will probably be due to that fresh take and not seeking to merely imitate the original.

Well how about the natural disaster movies like Twister, Earthquake, Backdraft and even Waterworld a universal film could any of these natural disaster movies ever be remade since disaster movies are still very relevant?

It's interesting what Scorcese said about superhero films, and presumably disaster films as well:

Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks. It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.

So as far as the former type films, there's no reason they can't be made again and again, whenever the technology allows for new special effects. I think that's what drives the interest in these types of films anyhow.

It's actually worse than the trailer makes it seem, and the trailer already makes it seem unwatchable.
Reminded me much of this:

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

While not a remake, a sequal to Backdraft was released last year. Not a very good one despite Donald Sutherland and William Baldwin reprising their roles as Bartel and McCaffrey.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
A remake of M would definitely be interesting in modern times.