The Expanse

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Re Alex: and he’s gonna go bye bye entirely next season because of his improper behavior.
Damn, I had no idea. Shame, that.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Re Alex: and he’s gonna go bye bye entirely next season because of his improper behavior.
Wait... what? Do you mean the actor? Or have you read beyond Seds in the books? Or do I even want to know?

Also, @Sedai ... that's where I know the Chrisjen actor from as well: 24. I actually love her deep, gravelly voice. It has suited both roles well, and I love when she swears in this series because her English speaking has a sort of odd cadence to it that always brings out the swear words and gives them a strange noble sound.

Still though, that hairline is too severe.

Wait... what? Do you mean the actor? Or have you read beyond Seds in the books? Or do I even want to know?
The actor, and...you do not want to know.

You ready? You look ready.
@Austruck: The actor. He used his platform on The Expanse to act like a sleeze, even going so far to harass and sexually assault woman at conventions.

There's actually a scene in season 5 where, once you know about the above, it sits real uneasy in your stomach. Much like when Spacey's stuff broke and we rewatched his acting with the same uneasiness. It's when he's getting a drink with (oh hell I can't remember) and he comes on to her and that whole scene...it just makes me sick thinking about it because well, he "acts" it so well. Turns out it wasn't an act.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

(sigh) Yeah, the scene with, I think her name was Babbage. The professor's assistant. (BTW, I easily recognized the professor from when he was in HBO's Carnivale. He's aging nicely.)

Sorry to hear this about the Alex actor. And yeah, I hate when someone's personal behavior is so bad that it ruins their otherwise good work. Spacey is one (I really want to rewatch all of House of Cards because it's an amazing show, but I just can't bring myself to do it). Bill Cosby is another. (His earlier comedy albums, which my parents had in vinyl, were hilarious... but probably wouldn't be funny if I listened to them now.)

Random Side Note: It was weird to get up this morning and not be able to watch a few more episodes. What, I have to wait till Wednesday? BARBARIANS! How cruel!

(sigh) Yeah, the scene with, I think her name was Babbage. The professor's assistant. (BTW, I easily recognized the professor from when he was in HBO's Carnivale. He's aging nicely.)

Sorry to hear this about the Alex actor. And yeah, I hate when someone's personal behavior is so bad that it ruins their otherwise good work. Spacey is one (I really want to rewatch all of House of Cards because it's an amazing show, but I just can't bring myself to do it). Bill Cosby is another. (His earlier comedy albums, which my parents had in vinyl, were hilarious... but probably wouldn't be funny if I listened to them now.)

Random Side Note: It was weird to get up this morning and not be able to watch a few more episodes. What, I have to wait till Wednesday? BARBARIANS! How cruel!
And even then, it is just the one more and then we are waiting for next season. My wife hates this.

And even then, it is just the one more and then we are waiting for next season. My wife hates this.
Honestly, sometimes I wonder how I grew up with this business model for television. Oh, and that included no way to rewatch anything except if it had reruns. And no pausing the TV to take a potty break.

I tell ya, I grew up rough.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
When BSG was moved from Friday to Sunday, it ended my world. I got so far behind I had to stop. Couldn't catch up till the DVDs released. Times was ha'd, I do deh'clayr.

Or was it Sunday to Friday?? Ugh.

Wait... what just happened there at the end of that season finale?

Also...

WARNING: "Re. Alex" spoilers below
Well, they certainly made quick work of ol' Alex.

Wait... what just happened there at the end of that season finale?

Also...

WARNING: "Re. Alex" spoilers below
Well, they certainly made quick work of ol' Alex.
WARNING: "ending" spoilers below
Remember how the proto molecule builds a weapon to burn out solar systems because of an unknown villains that was killing the proto's creator? I suspect that's what we just witnessed. The villains doing their thing.

Remember: Elvi Okoye and Holden talk about feeling an awful disturbing prescene every time they pass through a ring gate.

WARNING: "Alex" spoilers below
Little sick that his last words were:

That was one hell of a ride.

Would have been way better to just kill him without anything said. Nope, had to give him a mouthpiece.

WARNING: "ending" spoilers below
Remember how the proto molecule builds a weapon to burn out solar systems because of an unknown villains that was killing the proto's creator? I suspect that's what we just witnessed. The villains doing their thing.

Remember: Elvi Okoye and Holden talk about feeling an awful disturbing prescene every time they pass through a ring gate.
WARNING: "end" spoilers below
So you're thinking that Sauveterre and Babbage are toast then? I know the fact that it was all red instead of blue was for a reason, but I hadn't made that connection with whatever happened to the earlier protomolecule folks. I was so wrapped up in this season's lengthy plot contrivances to keep our Roci crew members apart that I completely forgot that there has been a larger, *older* issue that has never been answered/resolved.

Having said that, are we to think that whatever race got obliterated before all this might have been some "good guys" and not all villains?

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
spoilers just to be part of the kool kids. I haven't seen the last episode yet.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

WARNING: "end" spoilers below
in theory, yes, because Miller bonded with the proto and was privy to things the audience was not. also, the nature of the proto’s reaction when humans showed they weren’t a threat in the Slow Zone is an inference that their motives were purely defensive.

I think also the fact that the slow zone opened up after the threat is further proof of their indifference. I feel it’s far better to say they were indifferent than friendly/good.

And yes, Sauveterre and Babbage are toast. They were exiting the ring to go to the system where the scientist was using the proto to build. I think it’s a far assessment that the “virus” that wiped the creators from existence is an extension of the very people that built the ring gates. In other words, it’s the natural order of things trying to create balance by erasing things that are destructive to the common good. Keep in mind they were talking about what would be expected of their new world (the Martian way is war war war) and I think the virus clued into that fact by their eagerness to destroy the UN ships in Sol (our system as well as their new found faith in the Martian way). And the “virus” won’t let it stand.

@Austruck

Well, last night's episode put the finishing touches on what has turned out to be one of the best seasons of sci-fi TV ever produced.

So damned good!

Maybe I can catch it tonight. Last night I had to watch a third of Willow in that I rented it the night before. I still have maybe half an hour left tonight. I hope I can stay awake enough to get both in. Will be tight! I think the rental expires around 7.

Alright, I finally got to finish this last night. Is everyone caught up? Still needing spoiler tags? KINDA disappointed. Some of that is my typical method for processing shows/movies. Some of it is me questioning logic here and there. Nothing major. I think if this were any middle episode I probably wouldn't give it much concern. Being a season cap, I'm on the fence. I should probably watch the season again in a binge as some of my thoughts may be resolved in that.

Pretty danged far from GoT disappointment, that's for sure!

Alright, I finally got to finish this last night. Is everyone caught up? Still needing spoiler tags? KINDA disappointed. Some of that is my typical method for processing shows/movies. Some of it is me questioning logic here and there. Nothing major. I think if this were any middle episode I probably wouldn't give it much concern. Being a season cap, I'm on the fence. I should probably watch the season again in a binge as some of my thoughts may be resolved in that.

Pretty danged far from GoT disappointment, that's for sure!
YES!!!! Omg, what a lame season finale. It just had zero umphm almost like when they tried to cap everything on S3. I suspect money influenced the writing but omg I really did not like that episode at all. They better knock season 6 out of the park.

But the worst episode of this is better than the best episode of other shows.

YES!!!! Omg, what a lame season finale. It just had zero umphm almost like when they tried to cap everything on S3. I suspect money influenced the writing but omg I really did not like that episode at all. They better knock season 6 out of the park.

But the worst episode of this is better than the best episode of other shows.
I think some of the problem is that the entire season has had our four intrepid heroes apart from each other, so the finale *had* to spend time getting them all back in the same room somehow. That alone is gonna dictate how much *else* they can get done in a single episode. I was surprised it was the same length as all other episodes.