Name The musician/singer

Tools    

No, no facial hair that I know of; and not sure even you know who it is @GulfportDoc. This country singer was known for a country/gospel song that was big decades ago. Years later, Robert Duvall sang that very song in a movie.
Could it be Ferlin Husky?

Yes @GulfportDoc- (and @Gideon58 )We've got some folks here who sure know the classic country singers. Ferlin Husky popularized the song Wings of a Dove, later performed by Duvall in Tender Mercies .

I' m pretty sure this is Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin.

He reminds me of Plant, too, but I don't remember him playing guitar either. I also wouldn't consider Led Zeppelin heavy metal (albeit one of the most important bands ever).

I personally consider Led Zeppelin to be the first heavy metal band, but not everyone does. However, they have been mentioned as being the catalyst for that style of music.

I believe Robert was lead singer only for LZ. But about a decade ago, he started exploring the roots derived type of music I' m so fond of, and he played rhythm guitar on this album he recorded with Alison Krauss. Here's my favorite song from the album.

Btw I know I' m sticking my neck out here - and I'll wait for final confirmation from GulfportDoc that the man in the photo is indeed RP. But even if it's not, this folkie-dokey is surely going to enjoy hearing this song- and I hope some of you do too:

Right you are, LL. I knew you were an old rocker.. And I misspoke about Plant. He wasn't a guitarist. I'd meant to say "lead singer and lyricist". But yes, Led Zeppelin was an early example of heavy metal.

Very nice song that you posted..

You're up. Don't kill us...

Right you are, LL. I knew you were an old rocker.. And I misspoke about Plant. He wasn't a guitarist. I'd meant to say "lead singer and lyricist". But yes, Led Zeppelin was an early example of heavy metal.
Ha! I probably still would've guessed Bruce Dickinson.

Right you are, LL. I knew you were an old rocker..
@lenslady is not old! But it is her turn.

Ha! I probably still would've guessed Bruce Dickinson.
Good to see you back BOP.

Thank you! @Stirchley. No I' m not old; I think there's only ONE old rocker here lmao, tho he may have meant the term as a compliment....of sorts.

At any rate, I' m glad you enjoyed the song Doc, and I' m so happy you did ; I' m posting what I think is a really EZ-breezy one. Who is this handsome YOUNG rocker?

That looks like Sting.

Wow -that was quick- even for an easy one. Your turn CR

I think there's only ONE old rocker here
Hey! I'm an old rocker!