Are critics too hard on DC?

Tools    

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
Yeah, it's a bit sad that has gone by the wayside. Even with the instant gratification that kids have today I still think there could be a good place for Saturday cartoons and shows.

I remember when I was younger constantly looking forward to not only too Saturday cartoons, but much of the fun ( kid or young adult theater ) they had later in the day as well. Saved by the Bell, Superboy show, Mutant X, You'll never guess my Secret Identity and so on . .

Sorry my niece and nephew won't have that.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I walked out after half an hour so maybe the critics did as well

Oh sorry. He had Justice League in his OP so I was responding to that. Optimus asks the same question every few months to catch nenbies.

HI Optimus *inserts wave emoticon*

then he disappears fr another few months. He must do the circuit of movie forums from the faux imdb forum. I think I've seen him or someone who has the same name on there doing the same

Oh sorry. He had Justice League in his OP so I was responding to that. Optimus asks the same question every few months to catch nenbies.
Really, ....you walked out.

Wow,.... I mean I found it to be very flawed and even borderline hot-mess, but I actually had a good time and found myself smiling at the jokes and enjoying some of the needed color to the Snyder-verse ( which I'm no fan of believe me ). I hope there is a better cut down the line for the film, but I won't hold my breath. Still I was entertained more than I thought.

That's great that you enjoyed it.

That's great that you enjoyed it.
Hahaaaaaa, ...Yeah I know. Good for me right. Well, to each there own.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""

HI Optimus *inserts wave emoticon*

then he disappears fr another few months. He must do the circuit of movie forums from the faux imdb forum. I think I've seen him or someone who has the same name on there doing the same
woah woah woah I'm not on any other forums.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

woah woah woah I'm not on any other forums.
ok no problem. I MUST oops be mixing you up with someone else. Ignore me.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I don't think they are too hard. Only six of DC's movies have been good so far at most in my opinion.

Hahaaaaaa, ...Yeah I know. Good for me right. Well, to each there own.
Yeah for sure. I have absolutely no issue with people loving movies I dont. It's great to find movies that give us all a buzz. Keep in mind I have not read a comic book since I was about 5 when a teacher ripped mine up, threw it in the bin and said 'comics are for illiterates' and I told my mum when I got home and asked her what that meant.

I can't say anything for Suicide Squad or Justice League, as I haven't seen either one, but here's what I can say about the rest:

Man of Steel is honestly the only Superman film I've seen from beginning to end. Never been a huge Supes fan, but a friend offered to take me to see it, and I enjoyed it. It had the Snyder tropes, so I knew what I was getting into. Only problem I really have with it is that rather than try and be its own thing, it seemed to try and copy everything that worked for the Dark Knight trilogy. Problem: Batman can work in a realistic universe. Superman cannot. Basically, I like it, but if it was up to me, I would've toned down the dramatic bits and gone for a more fun movie, going for something more along the lines of the Justice League kid's show from I think 2001.

BvS is, in my opinion, a decent film. I like Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman. They did great. What I didn't like is two things that really brought the film down: 1) The pacing was god-awful. I watched this with my mother after borrowing a DVD from a friend, and because of the slow pacing of the first half, she was passed out before the real action began. How would I fix the pacing? Just like MoS, cut out chunks of the melodramatic crap, make it more of a fun movie, and spread the action out in a more even manner! 2) The villains were terribly portrayed. Everything I've seen of Lex Luthor says he's charismatic, charming, cunning, and suave. I didn't see any of that in Eisenberg's portrayal. What exactly was he doing? I've heard someone say he was acting like the Riddler, and I can see that. If he was the Riddler instead, it would've worked out better, honestly! And as for Doomsday...I think they recycled the troll from Fellowship of the RIng and gave him Kryptonian powers. Seriously, he looked like a cave troll, and if memory serves me right, he sounded like one, too! Maybe dial back the bestial nature of the portrayal, perhaps?

And Wonder Woman...I loved it. No complaints there, really. It was a fun movie, like how the other two movies should have been! Perhaps they should put Patty Jenkins in charge of more DCU movies - she knows what people want to see!

Personally,

I don't care for many of the current critics. A studio might create a specific wartime movie and not base it on a real life event, and a critic will come alone and mark it down for unrealistic situations. However, the movie ends up making a major weekend gross in ticket sales. A purely fictional movie with decent entertainment and they crap over it for the fact that it's not how an original thought was, or that the artistic view just didn't merge with the alignment of the stars on an even numbered year. I've gotten tired of listening to critics, and realized they're only aligning their view to their own personal taste. I don't think a critic is wrong about their view, as long as that's how they "truly" feel after viewing the movie. My personal view may or may not align with theirs.

With that said, I don't mind the DC movies coming out. I don't think they are the best, but I actually enjoy them. I hope they continue and find their way to completing the full picture of the DCU. Do I like everything about them? No. Do I think the MCU movies are better? I think a lot are. And that's the key to it. Disney has now put together the pieces of a major comic studio and forged a really good universe. it was gutsy and they initially allowed the movies to be standalone. When they were sure they had a good foundation, they moved forward to combine it. Not all of Marvel's items have come together smooth and nice. The only issue I see in the DCU is that they are trying to push the universe together quite quickly. I think it's working, but in a slightly painful way. Does that mean I don't like it? Hell No!!! I want them to keep it going and refine the hell out of it. Will I ever walk out of one of their movies? I doubt it. I've only walked out of 1 movie in my life and that's because it did not provide entertainment and I felt the information I was given in previews was misleading as to the quality of the movie. It was also presented in a way I did not enjoy. To this day, I personally feel 'House of the Dead' is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But that's my opinion.

I don't think that critics are being hard on DC. I think they need to find better directors for the movies .

On average I like DC movies more than Marvel. BvS (Ultimate Edition) was in my opinion better than any Marvel movie while Wonder Woman and Justice League are on par with the best of MCU. I like Snyder's style but I'm worried that WB will eventually push the films to same lighthearted mold with Marvel (pretty apparent already on JL).

I'm only familiar with Man of Steel, but it was not as bad as people make it out to be. It's a fine start for a franchise, and gives more of a weakness to Superman instead of just making him Mr. Invincible all of the time. This added something Superman needed for a long time.