If Film is ruined, Who/What destroyed it?

Tools    

I'm not a professional critic and I don't blog, but I want to be.

In my opinion, it varies from genre and era, but in general its about the script and performance.

In 2010's, CGI affects the movie. Too much reliance to CGI ruins the movie, whether it is good or bad. Its removing the supposed realistic feeling you should get from watching a movie. CGI should only be used (for live action) if the object is nearly impossible to produce in real life or the object is too hazardous to used whether to human or environment (example : huge explosions).

Overused Plot. This depends on what is currently trending and also in genre. Today's dystopian setting, teenager saves the world, exorcism/demons, remakes, sequels, stoner/alcohol comedy, farts/dick/poop comedy. You'll get it when you watch a movie then suddenly you felt a dejavu, most probably, its because its a recycled story.

Bad casting. I think you already know this. Can ruin a potential movie.

Unnecessary addition. Forced/irrelevant twist/romance/drama/comedy. Disaster over disaster over disaster. Movies that have original concept yet overdoing it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm not a professional critic and I don't blog, but I want to be.

In my opinion, it varies from genre and era, but in general its about the script and performance.

In 2010's, CGI affects the movie. Too much reliance to CGI ruins the movie, whether it is good or bad. Its removing the supposed realistic feeling you should get from watching a movie. CGI should only be used (for live action) if the object is nearly impossible to produce in real life or the object is too hazardous to used whether to human or environment (example : huge explosions).

Overused Plot. This depends on what is currently trending and also in genre. Today's dystopian setting, teenager saves the world, exorcism/demons, remakes, sequels, stoner/alcohol comedy, farts/dick/poop comedy. You'll get it when you watch a movie then suddenly you felt a dejavu, most probably, its because its a recycled story.

Bad casting. I think you already know this. Can ruin a potential movie.

Unnecessary addition. Forced/irrelevant twist/romance/drama/comedy. Disaster over disaster over disaster. Movies that have original concept yet overdoing it.
I agree... It's special effects and computers replacing talent. It's also revealing because we're overexposed to films of today, yet people still consider the older films the greatest ever, and reject the films.

The system is a big formula - add Actor X and Actor Y + boobs + violence + 30 second trailer = a lot of money...

Weak storytelling!