Things that annoy you...

Tools    

⬆️ Being in a minority causes me no concern. I’m Catholic & pro choice, I support gay marriage, birth control, women in the priesthood, divorce, IVF, etc.

Live & let live is my credo & I try not to veer from this.
I don't want to start a whole thing here...
But "Live and let live" while supporting the choice of abortion is a bit... ironic (for lack of a better term). Considering the entire purpose of abortion is to make sure someone doesn't get to live.

⬆️ Live & let live in that I don’t foist my views on someone else. Whether or not I believe in abortion is besides the point. I am not going to infantilize a woman by giving her an infant to take care of that she doesn’t want.

This discussion will get ugly so I’ve said my piece.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
⬆️ Being in a minority causes me no concern. I’m Catholic & pro choice, I support gay marriage, birth control, women in the priesthood, divorce, IVF, etc.
You're pro abortion, etc., but you're not Catholic. One can't be Catholic if they practice something which is in opposition with the teachings of the Catholic faith. It's as simple as that. The Catholic Church doesn't recognize pro abortion Catholics as this is simply an oxymoron. You can say you're a pro abortion Catholic but you're in opposition to the teachings of the Church in this matter, and in the view of practicing Catholics who are in full union with Rome this basically makes you a non Catholic.

You're pro abortion, etc., but you're not Catholic. One can't be Catholic if they practice something which is in opposition with the teachings of the Catholic faith. It's as simple as that. The Catholic Church doesn't recognize pro abortion Catholics as this is simply an oxymoron. You can say you're a pro abortion Catholic but you're in opposition to the teachings of the Church in this matter, and in the view of practicing Catholics who are in full union with Rome this basically makes you a non Catholic.
Jezus, that's NOT tell someone what faith they can be If that's what Stirchley believes she's entitled to believe it. Are you threatened by it? I'm annoyed (keeping topical) by people who can't respect other people's beliefs.

@Stirchley

Consider an analogy of a fisherman who professes to be a fisherman. He takes a seat aboard a fishing boat and goes along for the ride. However, he objects to the catching, killing, and eating of fish. How is it then that he can be called a fisherman? You see my point?

I love this kind of humor. Veep on HBO had that kind of humor. Almost crossed a line many times, but so hilarious. (Some ghastly abortion jokes in the final season, which, I must admit, were very funny.)
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like you put me on ignore for this.

I don't want to start a whole thing here...
But "Live and let live" while supporting the choice of abortion is a bit... ironic (for lack of a better term). Considering the entire purpose of abortion is to make sure someone doesn't get to live.
That's a good point. The one thing I can't understand is why someone would join the Catholic Church if they're just going to reject everything the Church teaches?? I find this extremely baffling.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
When I get my mouth all set for some orange juice and there's just a swallow left in the container.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It's very annoying when I buy a collectible item online, but it arrives damaged because the person who packed it didn't pack it properly. I thought it was mostly the eBay sellers who don't know how to pack things properly, but recently I've had this problem with Walmart and GameStop too.

When I get my mouth all set for some orange juice and there's just a swallow left in the container.
Drinking from the container? That’s nasty.

Drinking from the container? That’s nasty.
lol.
To be fair, I'm mostly just quoting a Della Reese bit from the movie, Harlem Nights. I don't want too many people getting the wrong impressions of me

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

lol.
To be fair, I'm mostly just quoting a Della Reese bit from the movie, Harlem Nights. I don't want too many people getting the wrong impressions of me
Oops, that’s the 2nd time this month someone quoted from a movie & I didn't realize it.

Oops, that’s the 2nd time this month someone quoted from a movie & I didn't realize it.
I think it's safe to assume that if I'm typing anything (or singing, if you share an office space with me), then it's likely a random reference to a movie or soundtrack. Like, almost always.

(or singing, if you share an office space with me) ...
My idea of hell would be an office mate who sings.

Add me to this forum list then! I often break out into Private Dancer. Full-on Tina Turner impression and all. Mostly just Hero. Cuz I have to setup my Master Blaster bit.

Add me to this forum list then! I often break out into Private Dancer. Full-on Tina Turner impression and all.
"break out"
or
"come out"
?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It's very annoying when I buy a collectible item online, but it arrives damaged because the person who packed it didn't pack it properly. I thought it was mostly the eBay sellers who don't know how to pack things properly, but recently I've had this problem with Walmart and GameStop too.

I just found something that annoys me even more than poor packing of collectible items. Sellers cancelling sales.

I spent about 30 minutes chatting back and forth with an eBay seller trying to make a deal to buy several items. We finally agreed on a price, and I paid for the items. About 10 minutes later, the seller cancelled the sale, and refunded my payment. No email. no explanation. Nothing. Just a refund and a cancellation notice from eBay.

I emailed the seller to find out what happened, and he said that he can't find one of the items. He won't even try to make a deal on the remaining items, and now he's not even replying to my messages. I'm pretty sure that he just decided that he didn't want to sell the items for the agreed on price.

My Cousin. What a turd. Got a group text about what we should get him for his birthday - in lieu of presents please send a donation, in his name, to the NAACP. Dude, you're 38 y/o, a little old for b-day cash/presents don't ya think? Did you just join this family? 18 has always been the cutoff for b-day money so if my math is correct you haven't gotten a thing from me in 20 years. Time to grow up. Also, I know you and IF I were to give you a gift, which I won't, I'd give it to you and see how much this donation really means to you. We both know you ain't donating **** if the cash is in your hand because you're a broke, basement dwelling turd. I have also noticed you aren't this charitable come Christmas. Why's that? If you really feel strongly about a donation I look forward to seeing it on your Christmas list.

Amazing how many people came through our church’s outdoors food pantry line yesterday without wearing a mask. Some didn’t have a mask & some had a mask, but weren’t wearing it. I gave myself a new job: bring a box of masks from home & give them out to anyone without a mask. Not thrilled to be giving away my precious masks, but, three months in, I still don’t want to catch the virus.