The "absolutely WORST" movie you've seen [with Spoilers]

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Hotel [2003] - Mike Figgis

Following up on his innovative work Timecode, which featured four stories being told in real time simultaneously, Mike Figgis returns to a modified form of his technique in this film about the tourists, the prostitutes, the tour guides, a killer, and a film crew who frequent the Hungarian Palace Hotel in Venice, Italy. A corrupt Eastern European politician and his moll are visiting the city to complete a shady business deal while Sophie is a high-priced call girl who makes an office in one of the hotel's suites. The film crew is attempting to shoot a Dogma 95 -style adaptation of John Webster's +The Duchess of Malfi only to run into one problem after another. Magic is a professional assassin with a very odd kink -- he must have sex immediately after completing a job. Quintus, who abandoned his attempts to get fame and fortune as an actor, is a tour guide with an unusual secret. And then there is maid who not only has the skeleton key to the hotel, but also a habit of snooping. This film was screened at the 2001 Toronto Film Festival.
With: A WHOLE BUNCH OF WELL KNOWN ACTORS WITH WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME IN THEIR HANDS

Oh man... I could go on for ages why this "gem". Really made me want to punch the dude who made it right in his mouth:

1 - Firstly, I absolutely HATE false advertisement.

I went to the theater with a girl I was dating back then, and we are both crazy for horror movies. There was this poster for Hotel in which you could read "no other movie will scare you as much since The Exorcist" and something like "The most terrifying movie experience since The Exorcist."

We agreed we HAD to watch it.

And, alas, that we did.... boy... we sure did...

2 - Pseudo-Intellectualism

You take Lynch as an example on how to do a movie about movies [example: Inland Empire] and you'll get why the man does things the way he does them.
But when you take some random guy shooting a movie about a movie crew whose sense of "movies" is to have the lead character lying on the ground for 10 whole minutes with his eyes open while the rest of the actors are just there and paying no attention to him [meanwhile the scene is in fast forward so the audience doesn't notice the actors' eyes blinking] and you keep getting the screen divided in 4 different smaller screens that show random and unimportant "story-lines" [ahah, yeah no] you are bound to yawn and roll your eyes way back into your neck.

Ok, I get it, you want to show that you belong to that new-age school of thought that has for raison d'etre that there are other ways to do movies without a big budget. Sure, that's all sweet and dandy [if it wasn't for the money you had to pay the actors].

How about a movie with an actual story to it? To much to ask?

3 - the horror... the horror....

Basically the movie goes like this:

A guy has an idea of doing a movie about the Duchess of Malfi and so he goes with his crew to a Hotel that happens to be inhabited by flesh eating vampires.

Ok...

Now, how do you know they are vampires?

Quite easily:

You turn all the lights out and shoot the movie with an Infra Red machine. If the actors open their eyes [in which their Irises will obviously shine].. IT'S A VAMPIRE!!!!!!

yes. It's that stupid.

And how do you make them turn into vampires, you may ask?

Glad you ask:

You know that dude that lied on his back for 10 minutes? There's a scene in which he is in a room, in darkness, in a bed [this scene is shot with that Infra Red camera] and a girl gets on top of him and they have "sex" [not really, because she's just lying on top of him. That's this movie's idea of "perversion"]. In the end he opens his eyes.

TA-DAAAAAAA Instant Vampire.

By now you are asking, "ok, cool. Where's the horror?"

EXACTLY!!!!!

Ha! I can win that easily
"The Hexer"
it was low budget movie that was actually not really a movie but a movie-like thing made out of edited scenes from a tv series, scenes that did not meshed together, if you put gun to my head I could not tell you the plot, I do not know if there even was a plot. It was a cheap cashgrab that tried to capitalize on the popularity of the franchise (The Witcher) . It must be the worst movie in existence.

"The Hexer"
it was low budget movie that was actually not really a movie but a movie-like thing made out of edited scenes from a tv series, scenes that did not meshed together, if you put gun to my head I could not tell you the plot, I do not know if there even was a plot. It was a cheap cashgrab that tried to capitalize on the popularity of the franchise (The Witcher) . It must be the worst movie in existence.
Sounds fun

“I was cured, all right!”
"Twilight"
I always praised the Vampire mithology, then one day this franchise comes out and spit on the face of every vampire lover. It was a hard time for vampires, they killed the legacy.

Come on

Independence Day Resurgence

WARNING: "Independence Day Resurgence spoiler" spoilers below
Even Jeff Goldblum looked bored

Independence Day Resurgence

WARNING: "Independence Day Resurgence spoiler" spoilers below
Even Jeff Goldblum looked bored
Poor Goldblum.

"Twilight"
I always praised the Vampire mithology, then one day this franchise comes out and spit on the face of every vampire lover. It was a hard time for vampires, they killed the legacy.

Come on

If you like vampires, what do you think of The Hunger?

"The Hexer"
Thank God CD Project Red exist! Still not better than the books but "The Witcher 3" was awesome!

"Twilight"

Come on
Please, sure it was bad movie, but it was bad because source material was bad. It is impossible to make a good twilight movie so...it is not really a bad movie, you just do not like source material. Compare Twilight to Manos the hand of fate... that movie was bad.

If you like vampires, what do you think of The Hunger?
Watched 9 or 10 years ago. I remember that there is plenty of blood and vampire lesbian sex Gothic music and a stylish visual. Just this! I'll watch again now that you mention it.

Please, sure it was bad movie, but it was bad because source material was bad. It is impossible to make a good twilight movie so...it is not really a bad movie, you just do not like source material. Compare Twilight to Manos the hand of fate... that movie was bad.
Now, you have a point!

A system of cells interlinked
Tough one, as some films are so bad, they fall over into the "good" category as they become entertaining in another way entirely. A good example of this is the film Troll 2, which so completely terrible, it is actually awesome.

For a genuinely bad movie though, i guess I would have to pick Battlefield Earth or Batman and Robin.

Tough one, as some films are so bad, they fall over into the "good" category as they become entertaining in another way entirely. A good example of this is the film Troll 2, which so completely terrible, it is actually awesome.

For a genuinely bad movie though, i guess I would have to pick Battlefield Earth or Batman and Robin.
Batman and Robin is fun. People complained because they expected another serious burton movie and instead they watched funny Adam West style movie.
It is deliberately ridiculous and campy. Sure it is not my favourite Batman but I really do not get all the hate for it especially since we have Batman v Superman

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
It's a tie for me...Freddy Got Fingered with Tom Green was ughhh but this one truly takes the cake as well...Hyenas

There is a scene where two female were-hyenas battle it out to determine who will become the alpha and this leads to one of the worse uses of CGI I have ever seen. I've seen almost the same level of CGI in Nollywood (Nigerian) and Wakaliwood (Ugandan) shot on video action films but at least they look better there than what I saw in Hyenas.

I haven't seen any of these worst movies....I don't watch crappy movies
I can relate to that

But one i remember watching in the cinema, not long ago, was Point Break. We just wanted to go to the cinema and watch something and chose almost randomly. We even sat in the wrong room and watched the first 5min of other movie untill we decided to go to the correct room. Well, might as well stayed in the first one. Such horrible plot with the best part of the movie being a hot girl appearing. If you haven't watched it, stay that way, not worth your time!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOL the point break reboot was horrendous. Cant remember if I enjoyed how bad it was or stabbed a cushion.

The shallows is bad bad bad but I had fun with how bad it was, and the seagull kicked ass. Plus, I'll pretty much watch any film made in australia.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

LOL. I like you already. There is a twilight discussion thread up in general movies I started a few days ago. Seemed to cause a bit of a stir ...

The most loathsome of all goblins
Freddy Got Fingered with Tom Green
Beat me to it. Honorable mention goes to the entire filmography of the duo Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer.

What I've noticed is that nothing is worse than a bad comedy. A bad drama, or a bad horror movie, or a bad sci-fi movie, they have the potential to be entertaining in spite of, and sometimes because of how terrible they are. But a bad comedy is entirely irredeemable