Bluedeed's Photosets

→ in
Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm planning to watch his films chronologically. Watched his debut so far.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I'm planning to watch his films chronologically. Watched his debut so far.
I wasn't a big fan of O Sangue, it felt like a weak attempt at Bresson. I've been watching him chronologically, and I think he's gotten better with each film. Of his fiction features, I only need to see Colossal Youth and Horse Money. Unfortunately the latter doesn't seem to be available in any form yet

Godard's economic masterpiece, Nouvelle Vague

I wish I could properly convey the beauty of Godard's images but so much of them is in the movement of the images. While recent films I've seen like Colossal Youth and Jauja have stunning still imagery, even Godard's still images are moving.

Yeah, that's my ranking, I might consider moving The Big Sky up a bit but the rest is accurate to my feelings. I've seen over half of his films now, but I've still got some fairly major gaps to fill.

New set of some incredible images from Pedro Costa's Colossal Youth, Father and Sons

John Ford's Stagecoach and The Quiet Man here

Ford begins with broad sweeping actions and then immediately thrusts forward to the intimate.

Love the Ford set(s).

That Stagecoach moment as I mentioned was a defining moment in watching Ford for me. I don't know what it is but over the last year I've become more emotional and maybe sentimental in watching films but I think it helps watching older films that would have perhaps have felt colder for whatever reason(s) before - for example, the ending of Casablanca I liked the first time but enjoyed and found really powerful the second time, in the same way Singin' in the Rain has gone from good to masterpiece in my opinion. But this moment in Stagecoach gave me goosebumps, it really threw me into the movie and told me I was being introduced to an iconic character, film and most importantly director. The moment from The Quiet Man was also great.

It's a shame I haven't seen a lot of these films otherwise I'd comment more, really interesting work