Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Late Night Trains (1975)

+

That's a high rating for it's quality, but it's appropriate for fans of sadistic movies. This movie is an Italian knock off of one of my favorite movies, The Last House on the Left. It goes by many titles, including The New House on the Left and Last Stop on the Night Train. This time, the two girls are on the train, but the villains are still two men and a woman. This movie also ends at one of the girl's parent's house. It's not as graphic as Last House on the Left, but it is nasty and upsetting. It gets an extra half popcorn for introducing me to the phrase, "as tight as a frightened azzhole".

It's on YouTube, dubbed but that was cool for this movie-

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs.

I haven't seen this movie in a decade, but I'm glad I started randomly quoting Buffalo Bill today(it puts the lotion in the basket) to get the idea of watching it again. this movie is timeless and I am so in love with it, from the disturbing imagery to the moth symbolism and parallels between them and Buffalo Bill himself. l really respect how this movie leaves so much to the imagination, we don't get corny flashbacks during the lamb speech, we don't see the photograph of the woman Lecter maimed, we don't see what Lecter does to Chilton. Of course Anthony Hopkins is unbelievable in this movie, he isn't playing Hannibal Lecter, he is Hannibal Lecter, he has immortalized the character no matter how far it strays from the text. Jodie Foster is excellent, and you really root for her throughout, this might not be her best role in my eyes, but its my personal favorite. Ted Levine, oh Teddy, what happened to him? How did he not become an A-list movie star? He's so disturbingly great and I'm not sure the movie could work without him. Not to mention this movies climax is definitely in the running for the most intense game of cat and mouse ever put to screen. In the end the movie leaves us with a perfect blend of pace, tone, atmosphere and imagery to accompany its mesmerizing performances and gritty story, with a subtle yet unnerving score that just encapsulates all of it into one perfect, neatly wrapped.. Cocoon? (too cheesey? )
I saw this again recently too. I think it's a perfect movie, perfect.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The Neon Demon

I watched "some" of the Neon Demon the other day. I got about half way through and turned it off. I've heard there were walk outs and disapproval when it aired at Cannes. My turning it off was nothing to do with being offended, the movie just didn't captivate me.

There was some lovely opening cinematography and music but then it got a bit much. Very slow moving camera pans and portraits I felt stalled the pace. It reeked of superficial style which was maybe a deliberate undertone as it is set in the modelling universe, yet, end of the day, it didn't hold my attention. Very artsy and pretentious are the words that come to mind. When I think of the director I think of a man who thinks his farts smell nice.

As for the plot, well I read the last half on wikipedia in preparation for this post. I wasn't even sure what the genre was until after reading it. The ending read more interesting than I'm sure it played out on screen but I will never know. I will avoid the director from now on as I felt Drive had some of the same problems, camera shots that spent to long smelling their own farts.

1/5 stars

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Have you seen the show Hannibal? I liked the performance of Mad Mikkelson even more than Anthony Hopkins. As a matter of fact, I honestly think the show Hannibal might be my all-time favorite "thing" in film, television, books, or video-games. I thought it was that good.

I have to return some videotapes...
A Face in the Crowd (1957) -

Felt very similar, the score is so high because it doesn't really do anything wrong in the formula, but I really wasn't engaged with the character arcs. Just somewhat annoying to be honest, good performances though.

Have you seen the show Hannibal? I liked the performance of Mad Mikkelson even more than Anthony Hopkins. As a matter of fact, I honestly think the show Hannibal might be my all-time favorite "thing" in film, television, books, or video-games. I thought it was that good.
Mads Mikkelson no doubt played a killer Hannibal and one closer to the source material one might argue, but when I think of the name Hannibal Lecter Hopkins will always be the first image to pop into my head.

Rewatch this masterpiece!
10/10

"Lee Jeong-Beom"

One of the best new directors in South Korean!
The Man From Nowhere is amazing. One of my favorite action movie.

Saving Private Ryan (1998)
He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb

Also known as Depression: The movie, which is apparent from the very first scene of the movie(what a tear jerker), Steven Spielberg brings us a damn near perfect war movie. In the beach scene alone we get to see the most unpolished, tenacious, and gritty action accompanied by this underlying sense of just absolute dread from the soldiers. We see looting of their still breathing wounded comrades, heart wrenching cries from the dying, soldiers with what I can only call priest helmets, offering salvation to soldiers while they lie choking on their own blood while medics are trying to help them, in vain, it's really not for the squeamish or weak of heart. The movie doesn't go out of it's way to glorify the American soldiers as heroes, which I can commend, it's really kept grounded in reality. They don't take children, they shoot Czech prisoners because they can't understand that they're not Germans, then joke about it, they choose to let Germans burn alive rather than waste a bullet to end their misery. The character dynamic is so strong throughout, this marks the only war movie where I've really savored the slower transitional periods for the way the characters exchange with one another, because they're just so human its a perfect contrast to the inhumane setting and circumstances they find themselves in. Tom Hanks especially, he gives one of his best performance since Forrest Gump, which is saying allot considering his talent.

One of my favorite scenes though, is where Adam Goldberg is flaunting around his star of David to the German POW's as they walk by, so good. I was worried going back to rewatch this to see if it'd hold up or if it would be boring and drawn out incoherent mess. So glad that it holds up. The movie is such a grim and harsh look on the life of soldiers during WW2 and it uncompromisingly sets out and does its job of not only entertaining but giving the audience a different perspective on the ways of war. It's no doubt the best war movie of all time to take place in a World War 2 setting for me, and maybe my personal favorite of all time.

Also its always fun seeing A-list talent pop up in a movie you don't remember being in the movie, like Bryan Cranston and Paul Giamatti.

Welcome to the human race...
Iro let the blair witch curse get to him again!
Whatever, at least it was somewhat enjoyable in a camp way instead of being a hollow retread. Just to restore the balance...

Blade: Trinity -

Whatever, at least it was somewhat enjoyable in a camp way instead of being a hollow retread. Just to restore the balance...

Blade: Trinity -
In all honesty though... I have not seen Gods of Egypt.

But I have seen Blade Trinity and I can't argue with that one....

I've owned Blade: Trinity for at least a decade and all i've seen from it is a 10 second part with Triple H because my friend skipped to that part to show me him.

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
hello everybody!since i started university i dont have a lot of time to watch movies.here is a short list of movies i've seen recently

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 7/10

Martyrs 8/10

Fifty Shades of Black 4/10

Er ist wieder da 6/10

Why me? 9/10

The Neon Demon

I watched "some" of the Neon Demon the other day. I got about half way through and turned it off. I've heard there were walk outs and disapproval when it aired at Cannes. My turning it off was nothing to do with being offended, the movie just didn't captivate me.

There was some lovely opening cinematography and music but then it got a bit much. Very slow moving camera pans and portraits I felt stalled the pace. It reeked of superficial style which was maybe a deliberate undertone as it is set in the modelling universe, yet, end of the day, it didn't hold my attention. Very artsy and pretentious are the words that come to mind. When I think of the director I think of a man who thinks his farts smell nice.

As for the plot, well I read the last half on wikipedia in preparation for this post. I wasn't even sure what the genre was until after reading it. The ending read more interesting than I'm sure it played out on screen but I will never know. I will avoid the director from now on as I felt Drive had some of the same problems, camera shots that spent to long smelling their own farts.

1/5 stars
I didn't finish it either...

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

My God! What a great movie!
10/10

Rewatch this masterpiece!
10/10

"Lee Jeong-Beom"

One of the best new directors in South Korean!
HELL F@CKIN YES!!! TO BOTH!

Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
- Oh my god what utter, complete b@st@ards!
I've never been a fan of Lancaster but this is the first time I hated a Tony Curtis role. Though he WAS absolutely brilliant. The expressions giving witness to the machinations running rampant in his brain was extraordinary. The "live" shots gave an incredible realism to the movie and the jazz music was intense.
Oh, the reason for the - on the tail end of the rating is simply for how much I hated the characters. They did not hold back punches or glamorize them in any way, which, yes, is a good thing, but my god, what a pair of sleaze balls.

(MULTIPLE REWATCH) Unforgiven
been a good decade or more since watching this incredible gem with serious heart and soul.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Barfly - 6/10

This could have been great. I even ordered this on cable (despite my $300 unpaid bill). The way Rourke talked was annoying - trying to chin up like Bukowski (who is uncredited at the bar).. Didn't like any of the characters. Kinda pretentious.

That poster makes me mad.

(Guess why.)

I have to return some videotapes...
Dead Alive (1992) -

At first I thought I was going to hate this, but crazy monster designs, insane effects, and some clever comedy really saved it for me.

The Wicker Man (1973) -

Genius film. I at times wished the atmosphere was a little more resonant, like when he is trying to get into his plane again, but still extremely creepy and effective ending.

The Good Neighbor (2016)

Not a bad show, but it could have been better with proper scene placement.
Really can't give to much of a review with out spoilers.
Kind of has that raw feeling with slow suspense build.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

Rent (film)
I watched this film with my girlfriend, who is a really big fan of it. For some reason, I went into it thinking it was this big, beloved film, hailed as an all-time great. Little did I know it was a big box-office failure that received negative reviews. I told my girlfriend afterward that it was "great," but it wasn't the best. :P I was confused at times with the plot progression, felt I was expected to care when I didn't, and found it overly convoluted.