Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Fat City - 8.5/10

Now this is probably my third favorite John Huston movie. It was just on TCM. I hope you guys check it out. I never heard of the main actor, but he was very, very good. I love the characters, their interaction, humor, and some great writing, which is why John Huston is great.

Care for some gopher?
You haven't heard of Stacy Keach? Are you living underneath a rock?

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
You haven't heard of Stacy Keach? Are you living underneath a rock?
Mike Hammer.

Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

I probably saw this when I was little but I have no recollection of it. It's not the kind of movie that I'm drawn to at this time, but it is extremely endearing. You'd have to be a grinch to dislike this. It has to be one of the greatest Christmas movies ever made.
I don't know if you saw my favorite child performances list, but Natalie Wood's performance in this film is #1.

The Nice Guys -
-

Got a chance to watch this and thought i may as well since Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has been nominated for the 11th Hall of Fame. I didn't like KKBB much the first time but i'm hoping to it improving on a rewatch. I enjoyed this but to be honest i doubt Shane Black will ever be a favourite director of mine. His films are pretty cool and stylish and i get some laughs but there's nothing i really love about them.I liked both Gosling and Crowe not that i think either performance was great, i found their characters fun and fairly interesting though. They had pretty good chemistry which i wasn't expecting. The kid was mostly annoying, i was hoping she would be a minor subplot her coming along with them felt really 90's cheesy comedy-esque. Think i'd have enjoyed it quite a bit more without the kid. There were some really cartoony things that rubbed me the wrong way like Gosling rolling down the hill and just happening to find a dead body that was relevant to their search for Amelia, also cringed at Gosling trying to pretend like he was struggling to speak when he found it. I suppose i'm being pretty picky here though because i cracked up at the equally dumb swimming after the mermaids part. Anyway not got much more to say about it. I liked it. It was a fun buddy cop (PI) film but not something i'd go out of my way to see again anytime soon.

That brings me to an impressive 5 2016 films watched

01.Everybody Wants Some
02.The Nice Guys
03.Zootopia
04.Green Room
05.Finding Dory

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Been a while (again), so I've got a few (again):

Batman Begins - 10/10 - Best superhero origin movie I've ever seen! Everything about it was fantastic, and it honestly didn't look like it could be improved on, until...

The Dark Knight - 10/10 - ...this movie came along and made a number of people forget about Batman Begins (sadly, because BB is an awesome movie). I will give it credit - everything about this movie was super fantastic, and I'd call it the best movie of 2008!

The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10 - Not as good as the first two, but a good solid ending to an awesome trilogy regardless! It had some minor plot holes that hardly detracted from the film, so definitely worth watching!

All in all, the Dark Knight trilogy is my fourth favorite film series, behind Harry Potter (3rd), Star Wars (2nd), and The Hobbit/LOTR (1st).

Good Night, and Good Luck. - 10/10 - A movie I believe is severely underrated by the typical moviegoer. Fantastic acting, story, and dialogue, and a true story to boot! I'd say it's currently my 2nd favorite film of 2005, behind Memoirs of a Geisha.

History of the World, Part I - 9/10 - Mel Brooks...awesome as always! The only thing I thought was lacking in the movie was the story-telling, but when you cover 5 different time periods in a 90 minute movie, that's to be expected! Now where is History of the World, Part II?!?

Child's Play - 6/10 - Fairly decent horror/comedy film. A friend of mine introduced me to the Chucky series a while back and I just bought the collection, so I'm rewatching them, and this first film is more or less how I remembered it - pretty good dialogue and story coupled with acting that is just okay.

Child's Play 2 - 6/10 - Like the first movie, I'd call this one fairly decent - and for the same reasons (good dialogue, good story, just okay acting).

also cringed at Gosling trying to pretend like he was struggling to speak when he found it.
I'm pretty sure that the movie was paying homage to Lou Costello. I can understand why it would seem overly-hammy to those unfamiliar with A&C though.

Sinister (2012) - Scott Derrickson

- This movie no matter how many times I've watch it still give me chills. Probably my favorite horror movie storyline of all-time with awesome Super-8 scenes. Ethan Hawke is superb and Derrickson's direction is amazing. I love the look of the vilain, he's dark and absolutely terrifying. Still in my Top 10 ever and maybe higher. It's still better with every watch.
+

Sinister (2012) - Scott Derrickson

- This movie no matter how many times I've watch it still give me chills. Probably my favorite horror movie storyline of all-time with awesome Super-8 scenes. Ethan Hawke is superb and Derrickson's direction is amazing. I love the look of the vilain, he's dark and absolutely terrifying. Still in my Top 10 ever and maybe higher. It's still better with every watch.
+
Don't watch the sequel, lol.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Written on the Wind
+

Masterful. Perhaps one of the great American melodramas.

Batman (1989)

The film has pull, and some flaws while watching. The batman ethos or psychology or whatever has evolved a lot since then. At the same time.. with all that strengthened mythology, the newer stuff took itself too seriously sometimes. Really, this one is way more pop culture. And has the Jack Nicholson factor. With a terrific soundtrack. Not talking about the Prince stuff either. The film fits my mood well somehow right now ♣♦♠ where's a joker symbol

Rating:
10.0 / 10

Danny Elfman