Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Wait, rapping dog, huh, I could see how that could be really stupid, which it is, but compared to the other ones, that is such a downgrade in insanity.
Oh no the other two are WAY more insane. The first one fails in technical quality. Reused animation footage, using the same song over and over, TERRIBLE editing and so forth.

The second one had sound (by comparison) production quality, but the script writers were on LSD.

was hoping for something good even with the negative reviews because i like BvS but this was complete garbage. No plot, villains horribly developed, 2 many characters, i dont even know what the boomerang guy does except throw boomerangs around. only gave it a 2 because i like deadshot and joker

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Blade -

Not too bad, but still...damn.
A solid
or higher.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
ARQ

(Tony Elliott)

I decided to watch this simply because the company I work for supplied the gear for it. The thing that made it easy was the fact that it belongs to Netflix, so it was an easy watch for me.

An engineer has created a device that cause time to loop. It just so happens to loop while his home has some invaders lurking. Can he figure out how to stop these intruders from killing him multiple times? Can he save a former lover who might not be telling him everything? Can he stop the device before the others figure out what's happening?

Despite the film being on "go" from the very beginning, it took awhile for me to get into it. It might have been the small budget that originally put me off, but the script is good enough to draw you in. Once other characters start to realize they are looping is when things get interesting and the film stops being another "time loops film". This addition gives the film a bit of a unique spin on things. Each character tries to get the upper hand of the situation in case the loops stop.

The film has more in common with Edge of Tomorrow than Groundhog Day and despite the limited budget and lack of locations, it make the best use of what it has. ARQ is a little sic/fi film that surprises.

Madness is the emergency exit…
The Good Neighbor (2016)

The Neighbor (2016)

ARQ

(Tony Elliott)

I decided to watch this simply because the company I work for supplied the gear for it. The thing that made it easy was the fact that it belongs to Netflix, so it was an easy watch for me.

An engineer has created a device that cause time to loop. It just so happens to loop while his home has some invaders lurking. Can he figure out how to stop these intruders from killing him multiple times? Can he save a former lover who might not be telling him everything? Can he stop the device before the others figure out what's happening?

Despite the film being on "go" from the very beginning, it took awhile for me to get into it. It might have been the small budget that originally put me off, but the script is good enough to draw you in. Once other characters start to realize they are looping is when things get interesting and the film stops being another "time loops film". This addition gives the film a bit of a unique spin on things. Each character tries to get the upper hand of the situation in case the loops stop.

The film has more in common with Edge of Tomorrow than Groundhog Day and despite the limited budget and lack of locations, it make the best use of what it has. ARQ is a little sic/fi film that surprises.
Always been a fan of twisted time loop flicks. Hope to see this soon.

Last Cannibal World (1977)

AKA Jungle Holocaust, this was made before Cannibal Holocaust and has the same director. It also has a higher IMDb rating, although I don't think it's as good. There's a few of these movies that are very similar. I like that this one was largely filmed at night, giving it a slightly different vibe. It's not a good movie in the traditional sense, but it has it's share of sick moments, and is good for what it is. It's on YouTube.

Unregistered User
OMG! A Jack Johnson doc directed by Ken Burns! How did i not know this existed? I already know his life and career story but i can't imagine that not being excellent. Will have to see it soon.

I actually should have PM'd you about this Camo!! Make sure you let me know your thoughts, especially with you being the boxing historian that you are.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Oldboy (2003)
-

Sick! Twisted! Themes of suicide, mental illness (possible result of inbreeding in the family ) and incest are mixed with a vigilante punishment that does not fit the crime, revenge for that punishment, self-mutilation and a warped definition of honor within a culture. Aside from all that, the fight scenes are really cool. There are some neat surprises along the way. Overall, the film ties everything together very nicely. It does what it intends to do, fairly well. I will not be watching the Brolin remake.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oldboy.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	27200  

I will not be watching the Brolin remake.
If it was possible to plus rep one post twice in the same window I would have