Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

also cringed at Gosling trying to pretend like he was struggling to speak when he found it.
I'm pretty sure that the movie was paying homage to Lou Costello. I can understand why it would seem overly-hammy to those unfamiliar with A&C though.

Sinister (2012) - Scott Derrickson

- This movie no matter how many times I've watch it still give me chills. Probably my favorite horror movie storyline of all-time with awesome Super-8 scenes. Ethan Hawke is superb and Derrickson's direction is amazing. I love the look of the vilain, he's dark and absolutely terrifying. Still in my Top 10 ever and maybe higher. It's still better with every watch.
+

Sinister (2012) - Scott Derrickson

- This movie no matter how many times I've watch it still give me chills. Probably my favorite horror movie storyline of all-time with awesome Super-8 scenes. Ethan Hawke is superb and Derrickson's direction is amazing. I love the look of the vilain, he's dark and absolutely terrifying. Still in my Top 10 ever and maybe higher. It's still better with every watch.
+
Don't watch the sequel, lol.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Written on the Wind
+

Masterful. Perhaps one of the great American melodramas.

Batman (1989)

The film has pull, and some flaws while watching. The batman ethos or psychology or whatever has evolved a lot since then. At the same time.. with all that strengthened mythology, the newer stuff took itself too seriously sometimes. Really, this one is way more pop culture. And has the Jack Nicholson factor. With a terrific soundtrack. Not talking about the Prince stuff either. The film fits my mood well somehow right now ♣♦♠ where's a joker symbol

Rating:
10.0 / 10

Danny Elfman

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs.

I haven't seen this movie in a decade, but I'm glad I started randomly quoting Buffalo Bill today(it puts the lotion in the basket) to get the idea of watching it again. this movie is timeless and I am so in love with it, from the disturbing imagery to the moth symbolism and parallels between them and Buffalo Bill himself. l really respect how this movie leaves so much to the imagination, we don't get corny flashbacks during the lamb speech, we don't see the photograph of the woman Lecter maimed, we don't see what Lecter does to Chilton. Of course Anthony Hopkins is unbelievable in this movie, he isn't playing Hannibal Lecter, he is Hannibal Lecter, he has immortalized the character no matter how far it strays from the text. Jodie Foster is excellent, and you really root for her throughout, this might not be her best role in my eyes, but its my personal favorite. Ted Levine, oh Teddy, what happened to him? How did he not become an A-list movie star? He's so disturbingly great and I'm not sure the movie could work without him. Not to mention this movies climax is definitely in the running for the most intense game of cat and mouse ever put to screen. In the end the movie leaves us with a perfect blend of pace, tone, atmosphere and imagery to accompany its mesmerizing performances and gritty story, with a subtle yet unnerving score that just encapsulates all of it into one perfect, neatly wrapped.. Cocoon? (too cheesey? )

Madness is the emergency exit…
El desconocido aka Retribution (2015)

An intense Spanish thriller about Carlos, a bank manager who is driving his kids to the school but just after they leave the house, he receives an anonymous call in a phone that has been left inside and he is told a bomb has been placed under each of the car's seats, set to explode if any of them leaves their seated position. The devices will be deactivated only once Carlos transfers a large sum of money into the caller's account.

Ju-on: The Beginning of the End (2014)

Contact (1997)

Unregistered User

Cat People (1942)

Jacques Tourneur is a director I've rather stumbled across completely by accident and have to say I'm really liking his work. Although I wouldn't rate Cat People as high as his other films, this is still a great psychological horror. In terms of atmosphere and tension in films, Tourneur is up there with some of the best I've seen.

+

Cat People (1942)

Jacques Tourneur is a director I've rather stumbled across completely by accident and have to say I'm really liking his work. Although I wouldn't rate Cat People as high as his other films, this is still a great psychological horror. In terms of atmosphere and tension in films, Tourneur is up there with some of the best I've seen.

+
You should check out other Val Lewton movies too. He's the producer associated with that and I Walked with a Zombie. The Body Snatcher is my personal favorite Lewton production.

I've always depended on the kindness of strangers
Barfly - 6/10

This could have been great. I even ordered this on cable (despite my $300 unpaid bill). The way Rourke talked was annoying - trying to chin up like Bukowski (who is uncredited at the bar).. Didn't like any of the characters. Kinda pretentious.

I've always depended on the kindness of strangers
The Grande Illusion - 10/10

I didn't have the same feeling as the previous four times, but it's not the film's fault. I noticed I didn't miss anything, but it's still an amazing movie. Really felt for the characters. Lots of great lines of dialogue. The acting is superb.

The futility of war, the silliness of nations, invisible lines, race, etc., basically how humans can **** up a good thing - Earth.

I have to return some videotapes...
Touch of Evil (1958) -

Amazing film.

Night of the Hunter (1955) -
+

Robert Mitchum is the best.

Wolf Creek (2005) -

Gratuitous and very familiar to so many other films.

You know what this is (1994)
You know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

Nobody can captivate an audience with dialogue that is for all intents and purposes is pretty useless the plots to his films, better than Quentin Tarantino, guys a legend. Pulp Fiction is not only no exception, it's his best and only second movie. I seriously rewinded just to hear how Vincent Vega ordered his steak during his date with Mia. Everyone on the planet earth has wanted a Kahuna burger and to eat at Jack Rabbit Slims at some point. This movie resurrected John Travolta from that dumb talking baby comedy, gave Samuel L Jackson his breakout role and might just be the most influential movie in America during the 1990's in my eyes.

This damn movie is in a constant struggle fighting towards being my favorite movie of all time, I swear.

Welcome to the human race...
The Magnificent Seven (2016) -

A fine balance of the surprisingly decent and the unsurprisingly mediocre.

Unregistered User
You should check out other Val Lewton movies too. He's the producer associated with that and I Walked with a Zombie. The Body Snatcher is my personal favorite Lewton production.

I will, thanks. I have seen and liked The Body Snatcher.

Cheers

Welcome to the human race...
Gods of Egypt -

A mess, but screw it, at least it's a halfway-fun mess.