Name The musician/singer

Tools    

He's a Broadway and Hollywood composer...he wrote the lyrics for two different Broadway musicals for which Anthony Newley wrote the music and wrote the scores for the films Scrooge and Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Never heard of him, don't know a lot of composers of this genre. But looked him up to keep the game going:

Leslie Bricusse

So here's a group from the type of music I'm more familiar with - and they also are one of my favorites -
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	51823  

So here's a group from the type of music I'm more familiar with - and they also are one of my favorites -
Kind of a stingy picture, isn't it?.. For some reason the pictures you're uploading aren't appearing in the body of the post, but only as an attachment indication, after you've previewed it. I noticed that on another thread in which you posted a pic.

I used to have a helluva time posting pics too. I finally just quit previewing the posts, and just went ahead and posted it without checking. I figured I could always delete the post if there were errors..

But you get a gold star for identifying Leslie Bricusse!!

~Doc

Don't know why it does that @GulfportDoc - Here's another photo of this talented band

They do roots ( some call it Americana) type music -they write their own songs and play in a modern bluegrass style. Are currently on tour, have been around the last 10 years or so. Does anybody know them???

BIG hint: Two brothers front the band, from which they get their name.

Don’t know them.

Annnyyyybodyyyyyy?

He's a musician and a few other things. Here he's playing an instrument...

Y'all know this one, but I won't drag it out. If no one guesses it by the morning, I'll reveal.

~Doc

It is the Avett Brothers. Your daughter has excellent taste in music @GulfportDoc

And I believe your guy is someone whose self named ' instrument' is played in scary movies- being played here by its inventor Leon Theremin

It is the Avett Brothers. Your daughter has excellent taste in music @GulfportDoc

And I believe your guy is someone whose self named ' instrument' is played in scary movies- being played here by its inventor Leon Theremin
Excellent, LL! Theremin invented the electronic instrument in 1928. I recall it's eerie varying pitch sound in some of the '50s horror movies, especially The Day the Earth Stood Still (Bernard Herrmann).

It's sound eventually became trite, but there has been renewed interest in it in the past 25 years or so. The modern instrument is easier to play and is capable of more accurate pitches.

You're up...

Well I think I 'll post an easy one this time- and this should be easier than pecan pie for anyone, but for @GulfportDoc in particular.
( Wonder if he met him)

You got it! Your turn Gid.