MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2019 Draft

Tools    

im not a fantasy baseball expert therefore I didn't know that. Sorry to offend you.
No offense taken, it was a swing-and-a-WHIFF

Damn, Tim gets Trout. Must be nice. I read someone talking about making a case for Betts over Trout. Maybe in a year or two. Not this year tho.

Getting boned out of the #1 pick in fantasy football this season and then following it up with the last pick in fantasy baseball is the opposite of cool.

The football thing is on me, though I think literally anyone who prepped for one slot and got another got equally boned.

I think it's a pretty fundamental misunderstanding of draft strategy to think of the picks as better higher up and worse lower down, however. There are any number of years I've specifically wanted lower picks, and I've almost never wanted the #1 overall choice in football or baseball.

This is particularly true in baseball, where the middle rounds matter a whole lot more than the early ones relative to football.

The football thing is on me, though I think literally anyone who prepped for one slot and got another got equally boned.

I think it's a pretty fundamental misunderstanding of draft strategy to think of the picks as better higher up and worse lower down, however. There are any number of years I've specifically wanted lower picks, and I've almost never wanted the #1 overall choice in football or baseball.

This is particularly true in baseball, where the middle rounds matter a whole lot more than the early ones relative to football.
Thanks for trying Bro'

Picking 12th does work with my Moneyball theme though. I noticed in mock drafts the most taken position is 12. Amazed who I could end up with too. Sadly Blake Snell wont be one of them, but I'll make do.

Thanks for getting everything going, Chris!

I feel like I get the first pick an inordinate number of the times, but I'm good with Mike Trout!

I'm good with March 2nd. If we end up changing for whatever reason, I cannot do the 17th or 24th.

A system of cells interlinked
I will still draft a worse team, as I still haven;t done any prep at all! I will cram a bunch in tomorrow morning...

For some reason I was thinking the draft was Sunday. Then I realized I committed myself to helping someone move out of their apartment tomorrow morning. Alot of people are helping (I think) so hopefully it wont take long. If I miss the draft it might be a blessing because my draft strategy was going to be gutsy, maybe even too gutsy. Sigh. Just giving everyone s headsup.

Happy Draft Eve, All! Please follow through on your plans to have mediocre drafts. Thank you!

I probably will, since I'm still sick as a dog and I've never drafted sick before. Totally destroyed a lot of the prep I'd planned the do the last few days, too. Oof. We'll see how this goes...

Good draft, all! How does everyone like their teams? My Matt Chapman pick was kind of an accident. I was going to take Eloy, but I got some lag and took Matt Chapman instead, but I may have dodged a bullet with avoiding waiting on Vlad Jr. and Eloy call-ups.

I wasn't sure if the crack I sent all of you in the mail would make it in time. Apparently it did its job. Welcome back to the fold Jose Ramirez! We were not expecting that at all, Dude. Please and Thank you.

Good draft, all! How does everyone like their teams? My Matt Chapman pick was kind of an accident. I was going to take Eloy, but I got some lag and took Matt Chapman instead, but I may have dodged a bullet with avoiding waiting on Vlad Jr. and Eloy call-ups.

Yeah, I liked Chapman. I almost made a comment when you snagged him.

It works out well anyway, since it's not clear when Vlad Jr. is coming up, so I might've saved myself from a big mistake. I had good luck with Acuna last year, so I was looking at Vlad and Eloy coming into it. I like my team, but there are question marks, as always.

Yeah, the Ramirez drop was dumb. Enjoy that.

Adam's misclick or whatever is definitely a bummer, but he can make some noise anyway, I think. Just has less margin, needs more guys to break out. It'll be pretty epic if he manages it though.

I so hope Boston doesnt sign Craig Kimbrel. At the least though Ryan Brasier should be good for Holds. If Miggy and Encarnacion can stay healthy for an entire season that would help HUGE. Willy Adames is a gamble, but he was steady and strong for Tampa to finish out last year. Jose Alvarado might continue my tradition of always having the Ray's closer on my lineup. Hopeless chance of me winning the season? No. Probable? No. Better than second to last like I've been for the last 2 years? God I sure hope so. No matter how hard I tried my pace was consistent with a crippled hamster on a broke wheel.

PLAY BALL !!!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
If I can find some starting pitching in the waiver wire, well, ya never know.

No way I could make the draft by the way. Too damn tired.