Is anybody worried about Star Wars VII?

Tools    

3310Krauser
It might just be me, but I'm starting to worry we have another Phatnom Menace on our hands, no particular reason, just getting worried! Any thoughts?

I don't really have any worries about it. I expected The Phantom Menace to be bad and thought it probably would be from the moment it was announced. But I don't feel that way about this. I think keeping George out of the way and, you'd hope, having learnt the lessons of the prequels, it should be OK. I wouldn't go in expecting a masterpiece or anything, but I don't feel as if it'll be bad.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Not worried, bar has been set low by prequels but the bar has been set super high by the fabled originals. I'm expecting something that goes past the center of the gap between prequels and originals.

Star Trek 2009 reboot was fantastic.

I don't really have any worries about it. I expected The Phantom Menace to be bad and thought it probably would be from the moment it was announced. But I don't feel that way about this. I think keeping George out of the way and, you'd hope, having learnt the lessons of the prequels, it should be OK. I wouldn't go in expecting a masterpiece or anything, but I don't feel as if it'll be bad.
Couldn't ageee more about keeping George out of the way...In fact, if the story was his, I'd be in a nuclear shelter. And not just the prequels. I just can't stand the sight of the man!

I am a bit worried because so far I see no original ideas. I know we know almost nothing, but will it be something fantastic, new and original? Yet to see. I mean, they use the old stormtroopers, the Millenium falcon, and that Kylo Ren mask ...I don't find all that inventive. But, like I said, we're yet to see. I guess the anxiety alone is what makes it 'can't wait to see', and will boost ticket sales even higher.

I think that the super fans are setting it up to fail. It won't break Avatar's money record, it won't get nominated for a bunch of awards like Avatar, and it won't be a fantastic movie, but it will probably be fine. I'd expect a Rotten Tomatoes score in the 70s and most people to be generally satisfied. The only thing that could be a problem is if they go too hard on nostalgia, like if Luke and Han Solo have no purpose whatsoever to the story and clog up screen time because OMG HAN SOLO IS IN THE MOVIE!!! in the same way some superhero movies set up sequels (The Amazing Spiderman 2 thing where they take a break from the movie in the second act to advertise that the Sinister 6 is coming to a theater near you).

Honestly, it's up in the air for me. I'm hoping J.J. has more of a passion for Star Wars than he did for Star Trek.

Not at all.

As many have said don't expect a god damn masterpiece, but just looking at the fact that the original characters are returning together with many great new faces, Abrams is on board as a Star Wars fanatic himself AND he relies heavily on practical effects and capturing the tone of the universe.

I think I can say for sure this will be a solid film, but whether it's amazing or not we will see...

Since the prequels got decent critic reviews and hate from the public, I predict the public will love VII (IMDB >8.5) and the RT score will be 55-75. This probably doesn't have merit but that was the first thing that popped in my head when I heard about VII.

Worried? No.
Looking forward eagerly to it? Also, no.