I am going to watch at least one film everyday for a year...

Tools    

I am also thinking of doing that as well. So by the end of this year you will have watched at least 365 movies... That's really cool dude. Good luck! Make sure to watch national treasure 1 & 2!

I am also thinking of doing that as well. So by the end of this year you will have watched at least 365 movies... That's really cool dude. Good luck! Make sure to watch national treasure 1 & 2!
I saw a previous of National Treasure a long time ago and wanted to see it. I probably will watch them in the near future.

6th January 2014

Oldboy (2003) - finally got around to watching this. It's a great film but fairly slow paced and confusing throughout. The first time watching it for me was fairly hard but the last 10 minutes or so were fantastic and mindblowing. A second watch of this will probably be better than the initial watch. Watch this if you haven't already.
My Rating: 8.5/10

Shanghai Noon (2000) - a fairly humorous movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. I like Owen Wilson as an actor quite a lot which allowed me to enjoy the film more that I probably normally would have and Jackie Chan also proved to be pretty good in this movie. However the film was a little too long for what it was and it kind of got boring at times. Overall though it was worth the watch even though there are many better movies out there.
My Rating: 4.5/10

6th January 2014

Big Ass Spider
A fun monster film, with half decent effects, boobs, comedy, and a Big Ass Spider! A lot better than Sharknado.

6/10

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I am doing something like this, except I already missed out on the chance of watching one movie a year, rather, I have a year-end goal of having watched over three-hundred movies. I'll be starting college and doing a lot of side projects, so it might be tough for me. Good luck with your guy's goal.

I am doing something like this, except I already missed out on the chance of watching one movie a year, rather, I have a year-end goal of having watched over three-hundred movies. I'll be starting college and doing a lot of side projects, so it might be tough for me. Good luck with your guy's goal.
Thanks, you too!

7th January 2014

The Last King of Scotland (2006) - a very interesting movie. Our main actors are brilliant and the story is based on a real president of Uganda who was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. There are a few comedy elements in the film but the majority of the film is very serious. This film if definitely worth the watch
My Rating: 7.5/10

One of the many reasons I love studying film is that I get to pass off watching movies as "work."

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Good luck with this to the both of you. I know I couldn't do it. Some days I can sit and watch movies all day and other days I can't stand to sit through one.

Good luck with this to the both of you. I know I couldn't do it. Some days I can sit and watch movies all day and other days I can't stand to sit through one.
Thank you!

@ Sci Fi Slob - I thought that the trailer looked visually amazing but I didn't think they could make a real story out of it. I might have to watch it now knowing that it was good.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Thank you!

@ Sci Fi Slob - I thought that the trailer looked visually amazing but I didn't think they could make a real story out of it. I might have to watch it now knowing that it was good.
Neither did I, in-fact, when I went to go see it, I merely picked it over Runner Runner, seeing it as the lesser of two bad movies. Jesus, was I surprised...

Neither did I, in-fact, when I went to go see it, I merely picked it over Runner Runner, seeing it as the lesser of two bad movies. Jesus, was I surprised...
I'll watch it after the DVD release as I don't have any money for the cinema at the moment.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'll watch it after the DVD release as I don't have any money for the cinema at the moment.
Ah, I was going to say, for anyone that might want to watch it, I heard they were going to be re-releasing it in theaters on-account of the various awards it has won. http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/alf...-january-17th/

Ah, I was going to say, for anyone that might want to watch it, I heard they were going to be re-releasing it in theaters on-account of the various awards it has won. http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/alf...-january-17th/
Ah, I might have the money by then.

8th January 2014

The Usual Suspects (1995) - wow, another film with an exceptional ending. The only bad thing about this movie is the fact that it is fairly hard to follow at times and the movie sometimes has a slow pace but by the end of the movie everything adds up and your mind is blown. A very good movie.
My Rating: 8/10

Blade Runner (1982)- sweet film. Seriously awesome and another mind blower. A very good watch and definitely worth a rewatch. Great effects, cool gore and amazing story and ending. However it does get a little slow at times.
My Rating: 8/10

8/1/2014

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (2013)

As a massive Alan Partridge fan, I think they did a great job with this. All the characters from the series were there, some truly hilarious moments and great performances from Colm Meaney and Steve Coogan.

8/10

Insidious: Chapter 2

A shadow of the original film, the script was awful.

5/10