"I've Really Lived."

Tools    

Originally Posted by Yoda
Uh huh. Excuse me while I go elope with the 7-year old next door.
a girl askes her BF, "honey, are you a pedofile?"

"that's and awfully big word for a seven year old"

This is just some odd coincidence but right now I am listening to some Homestar Runner clip: "Everybody knows it, everybody knows it. Everybody knows it's true. Oh yeah, you gotta do the best you can and work out twice a day. Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot."

I tend to agree with Yoda's reasoning on life goals, but I see how Flo's way of life isn't for everybody. I do toast her for her spunk however, I must confess that I can hardly see myself in a bar flashing the band. Oh well, they'll live.

By the time I am 83 I would like to have accomplished many things of course, but it would give me equal or even more joy if I was still accomplishing things. My biggest goal in life is to learn things, even though I've already learned the most important thing: that you can't learn everything. I was browsing the new page and I came across this article with Lindsay Lohan who said that the she doesn't want to go to college becuase it is just a place for people to figure out what they are doing in life, and she already knows. Whoopdy doo for her--but I have a fairly certain guess about what I want to do in life as well, and it involves college, many years in fact.

I would be able to say I really lived if I had a family. I have nothing against the way my parents brought me (Ok-are bringing me) up, but I don't wish it upon my own children. I want them to be bilingual and travel with them and give them an excitement to learn, which sadly was only given to me and my youngest brother due to personalities. That prehaps might be the biggest thing, but there are many little things as well.

-I want to tour the whole entire east coast, visiting all the sights and the just breathing in the history.

-I want to amass a huge book collection, I mean huge. The sort where you have a large room filled with floor to ceiling bookcases.

-I want to go on an archeological dig, somewhere in South America or Egypt (Cliche, I know).

-I want to be able to watch my next oldest brother perform in Carnegie Hall (which may soon happen), my middle brother become a professional athlete (Baseball, Soccer, track) and my youngest brother go to the Olympics for track. This isn't some disillusionment as a proud sister, I am fully aware that my brothers are some of the best at wha they do, not exactly progidies, but in their own special way extraordinarily gifted.

-I want to be able to buy my dad a Porsche. He has always wanted one and jokes about me getting him one all the time. It would be fun to surprise him.

-I would like to see my mother publish many books, no matter how long it takes her to write them.

-I think it would be cool to become a professor or go to law school and work for some non-profit organization.

Those last things don't need to happen to say that I've really lived, but it is the feelings that are attatched to them that I want to live out.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I have quite a few regrets already, at the age of 25. But I have also accomplished some incredible things. By the time I am 80, I want to look back and say "What a fnckiu ride!!!" Have all my dreams completed and rest for the last years of my life; reflect on how great of a Psychologist I was and how many people I helped. I hope to have children and they grow up to be decent and hard working like I strive to be.