"Gaijin" trying to fit in movies

Tools    

I am looking for movies relating to outsiders trying to fit into the japanese culture. preferably something along the lines of Tokyo Drift where the demographic is young adults.

Can be of any genre and preferably in english.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

My mind's working again now :

Shogun (1980 TV miniseries)
Black Rain (1989)
You Only Live Twice (1967)

Also answers to Jabba
Just a suggestion, You Only Live Twice does partly take place in Japan, but in no way does Bond try to fit into the culture. Instead, he exhibits a surprising amount of racism and sexism and the Japanese culture is widely misrepresented.

Just a suggestion, You Only Live Twice does partly take place in Japan, but in no way does Bond try to fit into the culture. Instead, he exhibits a surprising amount of racism and sexism and the Japanese culture is widely misrepresented.
I was thinking more that Bond's Japanese contacts try and conceal him within the culture – as silly as that looks .

never get to watch this one. Its has some local buzz couple years back i guess

Massan (Japanese: マッサン) is a Japanese television drama series, the 91st Asadora (morning drama) broadcast daily on NHK from September 29, 2014, until March 28, 2015. Massan is based on the lives of Masataka Taketsuru and his wife Jessie Roberta "Rita" Cowan, a Scotswoman Taketsuru met while studying abroad. American actress Charlotte Kate Fox stars as Ellie Kameyama opposite Japanese actor Tetsuji Tamayama as Masaharu Kameyama in a fictionalized account of Rita's travels to Japan and Taketsuru's attempts to begin the Nikka Whisky Distilling company. It is the first time that NHK's Asadora series has featured a non-Japanese actor in a lead role.

Well probably thing take perspective/angle in more westernised side of Japan

O yeah, and dis stupid shiet. Forget yellowashing, it doesnt compute

Also answers to Jabba
I was thinking more that Bond's Japanese contacts try and conceal him within the culture – as silly as that looks .
I get it but this is a film I could bitch about for hours. I mean, the special forces of Japan are a group of ninjas ffs! And they disguise Bond as Japanese by just making his eyes look a bit thinner! Because apparently the average Japanese man looks like a rugged Scotchman with thinner eyes

I get it but this is a film I could bitch about for hours. I mean, the special forces of Japan are a group of ninjas ffs! And they disguise Bond as Japanese by just making his eyes look a bit thinner! Because apparently the average Japanese man looks like a rugged Scotchman with thinner eyes
Hardly a documentary I grant you .

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
The Outsider with Jared Leto
American Yakuza with Viggo Mortensen
East Side Sushi about a Latina woman who attempts to prove herself as a sushi chef due to the fact she is both a woman and not Japanese...great indie drama.