SiFi Underwater Movie or Series?

Tools    

Looking for the title of a movie or TV series on DVD that starts with guys scuba diving & spear fishing near an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico (off Texas?) when they are attacked by 'something' huge.

The movie goes to an under water the lair of previously unknown beings is found.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Looking for the title of a movie or TV series on DVD that starts with guys scuba diving & spear fishing near an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico (off Texas?) when they are attacked by 'something' huge.

The movie goes to an under water the lair of previously unknown beings is found.
  • Can you detail the "beings" they find?
  • Do you know if the bulk of that movie/series is dealing with those beings? Or was that just a reveal at the end?
  • Was this horror? Or sci-fi where those beings aren't trying to kill everyone?
  • Any guess as to when the movie might have been released? Or was it straight to DVD without a theater release? If so, any idea when the DVD was released?
  • Have you seen the movie? Or are you describing the trailer you watched and now want to watch the movie?

That opening reminds me of Deep Blue Sea (1999) for some reason, but that was a shark flick. Pretty sure I'm just mixing memories there, though.

The recent flick, Underwater (2020) has some of your description, but there isn't anything that plays out on the surface of the ocean, let alone spear fishing so that's probably not it either.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Also, welcome to the forums! Be warned: we ALL start in the questions forum. Then this place becomes an addiction and you'll find yourself wandering other threads. Maybe even posting up a few short comments. Join a song tournament. What harm could that ever do?? Then you'll discover the Shoutbox and all hell breaks loose when the pun wars start up again. Next thing you realize, two years have passed and you've forgotten what the sun looks like because you'd spent the better part of your time arguing politics in a movie forum, within a video game thread. MADNESS!!

Welcome aboard!

It's funny i bought this dvd yesterday. I had it in vhs for years but finaly found it on VOD dvd. Hope quality is gonna be there... I'll see

I'm thinking about tv series Surface.

I'm thinking about tv series Surface.
Good point, it’s got the Gulf of Mexico setting, but I don’t recall any spearfishing in Surface. Could well be that, though. The creature does drag the diver under early on.

70's, 80's or 90's??? knowing de decade will sure help us to find it...