Favorite Movies That Are On YouTube

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
No I don't think so.

For everyone of us active MoFos who post, there are 1000s of guest users who never make an account but do read MoFo. MoFo is a big sight and draws a lot of views.

If you want people to see the movies that you love, and you'd like to discuss them, you need to join an Hof. I just don't see much discussion taking place on this thread, or on most any list your favorite movies thread. Personally I've gotten tired of listing my favorite movies, as almost zero conversation comes of it.
Those 1000s of guests might have seen one of those movies you like.. I think a lot of your favorites (as well as mine) are in the minority anyway.. I see a TON of discussion when a new movie comes out, though, so I think if anything, people on here have a better chance of checking one of your Top 10, many which I haven't seen, either.. I also looked and there are a ton of movies that are NOT in the public domain that have been uploaded 10 years ago and still going strong with a ton of viewers.

As for the listing of movies by year, or by specific category, if I see someone who has a ton of my favorites, but a handful that I haven't seen, I'd think to myself, "I'm sure there's a great chance that I'd like them" and afterwards, I'll post it there, or send a PM to the person who recommended it to me, or I get a PM from the person who liked a movie I recommended, especially when one person can't find a movie (thus, a PM).

I also think that since about 2014/15, the Trump/Clinton stuff has been more prominent, ESPECIALLY the #metoo stuff... The Harvey Weinstein thread alone has almost 300 replies! The "President Trump" has almost 3,000 replies.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

A lot of Ray's films are on YouTube. I keep watching them from time to time.

Anything by joão césar monteiro is on youtube, but of all, this one is my favorite.

Lisbon, 1989. A middle-aged poor idiot, tormented by an illness, lives in a cheap room in a family boarding house, in the old section of the city's waterfront.
iMDB
João de Deus, a middle-aged man, lives in a cheap boarding house in an old part of Lisbon. He relies on Franz Schubert's music and films to stave off misery. After harassing his landlord's daughters, he is thrown out of his room. He is sent to a mental hospital; however, he eventually manages to escape through the sewers.
Wikipedia
recollections of the yellow house / recordações da casa amarela 1989 with english subtitles

Mikey and Nicky - 10/10

This was marketed wrong. I know it was delayed by three years. I think it would appeal more to art-house lovers than someone just looking for a mob movie.

I think this movie is perfect. It's hilarious. And tragic. John Cassavetes, Peter Falk, Ned Beatty... Haven't seen it in a while. I'll try one of these days, especially with YouTube (via smarTV) and TCM as my only real options (Can't stream or download)

Here are some lesser known films on my favorites list:

The Travelling Players (1975)

Dead Man's Letters (1986)

Thank you... I haven't seen them, but after reading the description of "The Traveling Players", it reminds me of another movie (I didn't complete it, though, would like to see it soon)

Jesus of Montreal