90s(?) drama with a teenage boy and his overprotective father

Tools    

A teenage boy is lying on a bed half (or fully naked) while his father(?) is checking his body for defects.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
A teenage boy is lying on a bed half (or fully naked) while his father(?) is checking his body for defects.
Got any more details by chance?

Just a shot in the dark here, but Shine (1996) had an abusive father over his prodigy son, pushing him to be a pianist. I don't remember this specific scene, but then it's been years since I've watched it. Great movie though, and was my first introduction to both Geoffrey Rush and Noah Taylor. Both of which were brilliant in this one. Even if it's not your movie, I can't recommend it enough to anyone even remotely interested in the subject matters of music, genius, parental abuse, and mental breakdown.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Great movie, but that's not it. I remember the scene was in a quite dark room and with a really creepy feeling. The boy was not allowed to play outside and his father was obsessive about his health.