Importance of subtitles in Movies

Tools    

Do you like to use subtitles in movies? If so why? I actually like use subtitles in movies.

Boldly going.
I tried watching "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" the other day in the original Italian and English subtitles. After about 15 minutes of that, I switched back to the English soundtrack. I found I prefer the dubbed English. I think I preferred the latter because the vocal performance is so good, and because the story is set in the Old West it doesn't make sense for the characters to be speaking Italian and it took me out of the movie a little bit.

Often the groups of actors who make the dub are not as talented as the original cast. They are often not cast by the director, so may not have been what the director was trying to do. Yes, there are notable exceptions, but generally a dubbed movie is even more removed from the actual artwork (the film) that I am trying to appreciate.

Often the groups of actors who make the dub are not as talented as the original cast. They are often not cast by the director, so may not have been what the director was trying to do. Yes, there are notable exceptions, but generally a dubbed movie is even more removed from the actual artwork (the film) that I am trying to appreciate.
In the case of "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" the original Italian language version, does have dubs of all the main cast members. If one watches it in Italian then Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef get dubbed.

The only time I don't use subtitles is when I see a movie in theaters. There's no background voice and the volume is so loud anyway, it's hard to miss anything.
I prefer subtitles to dubs

Do you like to use subtitles in movies? If so why? I actually like use subtitles in movies.
I will not watch any movie or tv show without subtitles. People mumble & I don’t always get the plot points without subs. I started doing this years ago with The Wire.