Television Tab

Tools    

I highly recommend this 8-parter on Hulu/FX, which has been picked up for another season.

Filmed on location in Chicago. Follows a bunch of people who work in a somewhat dysfunctional restaurant.

I enjoyed it very much & binge-watched it in 3 days or so.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Watched the first three episodes of Reservation Dogs last night and I would have watched more if I didn’t put such a high value on sleep.

It is definitely a comedy, but can lean into the emotional when it wants to and pulls it off well. Willie Jack is the low-key star of the show.

Watched the first three episodes of Reservation Dogs last night and I would have watched more if I didn’t put such a high value on sleep.

It is definitely a comedy, but can lean into the emotional when it wants to and pulls it off well. Willie Jack is the low-key star of the show.

Couldn’t get through the pilot.

I highly recommend this 8-parter on Hulu/FX, which has been picked up for another season.

Filmed on location in Chicago. Follows a bunch of people who work in a somewhat dysfunctional restaurant.

I enjoyed it very much & binge-watched it in 3 days or so.

I’m re-watching the entire thing I like it so much.

I've been watching Cuckoo lately because it was recommended. Into the third series now and I'm still not really sold on it as a comedy. Like a lot of comedy, I don't find it that funny. I have, however, grown to like it enough to continue with it. Once the hideously annoying titular character was out of the way it became a lot more likeable. It also has the bonus of having Helen Baxendale in it, who'd I'd not seen in a very long time and is still great.

How about Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal? We're up to season 2 episode 6. It won the 2021 Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Series. No dialogue but it's still one of the most compelling shows on TV. IMO.

Anyone else been wathcing rehearsal on HBO? Absolutely brilliant
I’ll take a look next time I subscribe to hbo.

I've watched the first four episodes of Uncoupled so far. I'm enjoying it. Neil Patrick Harris is very good as a gay man whose partner of 17 year suddenly breaks up with him.

I've watched the first four episodes of Uncoupled so far. I'm enjoying it. Neil Patrick Harris is very good as a gay man whose partner of 17 year suddenly breaks up with him.
I saw a couple episodes of it and could not get into it. Maybe I will give it another try.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Netflix presents
Wednesday
from Tim Burton

A sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy, where she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the murder mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago.

Watched the first episode of Rehearsal. It's ok, it's high concept, but it ain't funny. I'm not even sure where the funny is suposed to be.

On the other end of the spectrum I'm half way through Surrealestate and it's got the lot, but I find it's biggest pull is the best to have and that is it engages with me almost straight away and I want to keep on watching. If it can keep this up I'll be eagerly awaiting a second season.

Ended up watching the first season of Indian Matchmaking, and I was a bit surprised as to how much I enjoyed it.

Maybe it's because of familiarity. I have seen versions of most characters, who were featured in that show, around me.

Or maybe I also enjoyed it because I am currently seeking a proposal through matrimonial sites, and open to arrange marriage because dating hasn't amounted to anything.

Going to watch the second season soon.

Netflix presents
Wednesday
from Tim Burton

A sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy, where she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart a monstrous killing spree that has terrorized the local town, and solve the murder mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago.
i didnt know she was 19 when i saw her on scream 5 , she doing pretty good job to play a 12-13 years old wednesday addams

Re-watch. It’s from 2007 & is so non-woke, it’s almost funny. Much of the humor is very broad & borderline offensive & some of it wouldn’t fly today, for sure. I enjoyed it though.

Seen this 3 times now. Definitely my favorite show for 2020/21. Apparently, it has been renewed for a second season. 😎
It’s back for season 2. Hooray!

Finished watching The White Lotus. Not bad, but not great. The score was my favorite part.
Season 2 returns in October. Hooray!