What If Movies....

Tools    

Many may dissagree, however the idea seems compelling to me...

Someone please make a movie that shows WW2 with a reversed outcome...

Hitler defeating the US and becomes the world leader..what would the world be like in 2006? Horrifying?

Have hitler continue his extermination of other races while showing the horrific results of his actions. Possibly during the course of 50 years, rebel groups comprised of mutli national backgrounds could be forming to take down the german government.

No, I am not racist.

Flame Away

Lost in never never land
I am not opposed to alternate history movies. In fact I have read some sci-fi by Harry Turtledove that is alternate history. However, I can see someone making that movie poorly, and not delving into it in an interesting manner, but just trying to get people angry and/or stirred up.

Also, why does this thread go in this section of the forum?
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Originally Posted by The Gnat
I am not opposed to alternate history movies. In fact I have read some sci-fi by Harry Turtledove that is alternate history. However, I can see someone making that movie poorly, and not delving into it in an interesting manner, but just trying to get people angry and/or stirred up.

Also, why does this thread go in this section of the forum?
Welcome to the M. Night Discussion Forum!
Welcome! Thanks to Movie Forums for hosting this discussion. Feel free to post anything here; questions, reviews, speculation, and yes, even spoilers, provided you label them approprately. Enjoy!

That is why I posted here, and afterall it is a forum involving a director...

Originally Posted by Akita
Welcome! Thanks to Movie Forums for hosting this discussion. Feel free to post anything here; questions, reviews, speculation, and yes, even spoilers, provided you label them approprately. Enjoy!

But its about a certain director. They didn't put his name on it for nothing. Good thought though. I wouldn't want to see that movie if they made one.

Originally Posted by Akita

"Anything" was not literal; you'll notice it was followed by a semi-colon listing examples of what may constitute "anything." Why would I create a forum specifically for M. Night Shyamalan, and then have people post absolutely anything in it?

Anyway, I'm moving this to a more appropriate forum.

www.forumninja.com
You ever seen Fatherland? Very interesting HBO film based on an excellent novel. Has that sort of premise, although an aging Hitler is undone by slightly less than a rebel uprising.

Personally, I'd like to see someone re-attempt the Red Dawn premise... ala the video game Freedom Fighters. Soviets invade and take over the US; we have to stop them. Very cool.

Watch V for Vendeta it's just the post apocalyptic future that you want to see in a movie well it's not the Germans who took over Britain.I mean Bad Gouverments angry people,riots thats what is going to be all about

(i might have made some mistakes excuse me for that)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Originally Posted by B-card
Watch V for Vendeta it's just the post apocalyptic future that you want to see in a movie well it's not the Germans who took over Britain.I mean Bad Gouverments angry people,riots thats what is going to be all about

(i might have made some mistakes excuse me for that)
I was going to mention V for Vendetta as well.

Suspect's Reviews

WE COME IN PEACE AND WITH GOODWIL
I like the movie Max (?), an insight into Hitler's early days. Noaha Taylor does a fantastic job. I would like to see a movie made about what life would have been like had Hitler won!

That would actually be pretty damn insane and I would be SURE to see that.

Someone please make that..

hey man i gotta say thats a great idea, i actually wish hitler had won the war. but he was stupid and he america and russia attack him, rather he should have had america and russia attack eachother! but oh well. i cant wait for a movie with an alternate ending than what actually happened

That is a very interesting perspective. A 2 hour movie however, wouldn't do such a story line justice. One would make quite a book out of that but a movie wouldn't add the intricate details and satisfactory explanations of such a broad scale revamp of civilization.