Hollow Man

→ in
Tools    

I just saw Hollow Man yesterday, and it was pretty bad in my opinion, but nowhere near as awful as the catastrophe that was " Starship Troopers ". On the good side Kevin Bacon was very good in his role and the special effects were absolutely amazing. On the downside it lacked depth and the ending was very laboured, just like another film I've seen recently " What Lies Beneath " which i didn't particularly like either. What did anyone else think of Hollow Man?

Gutty : http://www.heres-looking-at-movies.com

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Woah there! You just bashed two of the coolest movies ever made. Starship Troopers was a damn great movie. Paul Verhoeven brought masterpiece to that movie. Not only was it well made, I'm guessing you don't understand it was meant to make fun of all of society? The movie was a satire. And it had some of the best action ever in a movie. Now to Hollow Man. Don't try to pull the it lacked depth, and the ending was unrealistic card. The guy in the movie was invisible. That should tell you right now it wasn't intended to be a serious movie. That movie was only ment to be an entertaining action/thriller. Which it pulled off perfectly. Both Hollow Man and Starship Troopers were not intended to win any sort of awards. Except maybe special effects awards. Which Starship Troopers won plenty of. Although they weren't oscars, they were still awards. If you expected those two movies to be anything different, then it was a waste of your time to see them. Sorry if it sounds like im being a bitch about all of this, I just love those movies.

I liked Starship Troopers, I've seen it a couple of times. Maybe it needs to grow on you. Hollowman kicked butt. Yeah the story needed a little work but the effects were awesome! And how about that part where the girl does you know what with the what what at the end? That rocked! I don't want to spoil the end for anybody. I wish Kevin Bacon would have been smarter tho, like an invisible Hannibal Lecter. I mean he invented a way to be invisible, then he turns perv? I would too, but they could have done so much more with an invisible guy. I think the story of the invisible man still to this day hasn't fulfilled it's potential.

I'd also have to say that Hollow Man and Starship Troopers were both damn fine movies. I have watched Hollow Man several times, and hace seen Starship Troopers quite a few. They're cool. But, hey, that's just my opinion.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by Jenny*B
I'd also have to say that Hollow Man and Starship Troopers were both damn fine movies. I have watched Hollow Man several times, and hace seen Starship Troopers quite a few. They're cool. But, hey, that's just my opinion.
Rock On!!

How can you knock any movie with Denise Richards? Explain that to me.

Originally posted by MFalkawein
How can you knock any movie with Denise Richards? Explain that to me.
Yeah! Oh, I moved this thread to "Movie Reviews" -- fits better here.

The best thing I can say about Hollow Man is that Peter likes it-and he's a good guy.