Movies You Avoided Seeing (for various reasons)

Tools    

this is a thread dedicated to fairly famous films you can't be bothered to watch...for various reasons
these are the ones i can think of at the moment, i'm sure there are more:
Hotel Rwanda: as i've explained in another thread, the reason i will probably never see this film is because of the african accents with which the actors act, to me, it seems very annoying, i'm sure the actual people to whom this film is referring to didn't speak in english, so why not just have them play in regular english ( since rwandan is obviously out of the question )?

The aviator: reason number one for not seeing this one: i simply cannot identify di caprio with howard huges, reason number two: Cate Blanchett as Katharine Hepburn, i saw a trailer and her performance is borderline annoying

Ray: i'm not a big fan of biopics, especially when it comes to really famous people who have died recently, no matter how much their lives are actually interesting

Alexanader : it just got really mixed or bad reviews and i can't be bothered to sit through 3 hours of averageness....

do you have any?

Man of La Movies
Titanic - I just didn't want to give in to the hype.

Guess Who? - C'mon...a modern retelling of Guess Who's coming to dinner...With Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher...PLEASE!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??

Wheely cool bike girl
I have never had nor ever will have a desire to watch The Deer Hunter.

Violence relating to the Vietnam era sometimes just plays on my mind and gives me bad vibes.
It was too sad a time to visit those emotions.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I usually avoid films that I know are going to be really emotionally wrenching.
The Joy Luck Club
Schindler's List
Million Dollar Baby

I've seen the first two, way after they came out. Still haven't seen the last.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I built up 3 weeks of late-fees when i got Eraserhead out and never plucked up the courage to watch it - Just didn't feel like being freaked out.

Aside from that, the only films i'm really actively avoiding at the moment are the last two Star Wars films.

Another one for Titanic. It was wayyyyy too much hype.

Armageddon

Day After Tomorrow ... I've always had a problem with plots that predict what might happen, especially if they are technically far-fetched

Matrix Revolutions -- I walked out of Matrix Reloaded half-way through it ... it's just a live action video game, placed into a movie. Total waste of time

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I usually avoid films that I know are going to be really emotionally wrenching.
The Joy Luck Club
Schindler's List
Million Dollar Baby

I've seen the first two, way after they came out. Still haven't seen the last.
million dollar baby isn't that emotionally wrenching, well not to me anyway....

Originally Posted by cutter
Day After Tomorrow ... I've always had a problem with plots that predict what might happen, especially if they are technically far-fetched
but it's such a good movie!...seriously.....i had loads of fun watching it in the theatre, mind you, a movie like that looses a lot when you watch it at home....

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I have avoided watching lots of horror films that might scare me, like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Thing.

I avoid any films about poor honest people in the olden days (yawn) of the Vera Drake, Angela's Ashes, Cinderella Man ilk. Especially if they have dodgy oirish accents in the trailers.

I can't stand Gone With the Wind or Titanic… and I also really have a hard time with all the old westerns that have Hollywood Indians in them…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Erin Brockovich

Star Wars 2

Star Wars 3

That Ridley Scott Crusade Thing (that's the title, innit? Or is it Gladiator Redux?)

Meet The Feckin Parents or whatever...

Cold Mountain

The Passion Of The Christ

Welcome to the human race...
Probably Pulp Fiction, if only because the "revival" scene sticks in my mind. Other than that, I don't mind it.

i would also like to add :
cold mountain - too long, too average
all recent richard gere films including shall we dance - i don't like the man
all recent will smith movies - self explanatory
and probably cindirella man - too standard, i look for originality in my flicks

Batman begins - all of the batman movies sucked, except the first one. And BTW, the old series sucked as well.

Randomly visiting for now
Batman Begins is really good, a billion times better than Batman forever or Batman & Robin, both of which I hated.

Personally I avoid any movie where a singer is the main character because they can never act and no self respecting director would include them in a good movie.

Some others include;
Ring 2 - unnecessary to make a movie just because the first one was good, I was certain it would wreck the original 'the ring'.
Coach Carter - another sporting movie, with predictable plot...snoozeville.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I never heard that it had any kind of decent plot and everybody i talked to complained of the violence, so what's the point.

Plus I generally avoid all chick-flick type movies but for obvious reasons .

I got to watch the Day After Tomorrow on the third attempt, the other two times i fell asleep halfway threw, wish i didn't bother with it.
I do not think i will ever watch the aviator, mainly beacuse i can not stand di caprio.
And i'm avoiding i robot, this film screams crapness.
Alexanader, i don't care about sexual oritation, i want want big battles and his jorney conquering the known world.
Fantasitc 4, just doesn't seem fantastic enough.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by adidasss
Cold Mountain - too long, too average
i liked it. especially for Renee Zellweger's indiscutably splendid performance.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Tea Barking
Fantasitc 4, just doesn't seem fantastic enough.
FantasitcOM 4 sounds fantastic enough to me

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Batman Begins is really good, a billion times better than Batman forever or Batman & Robin, both of which I hated.
Batman begins is really good? I saw the trailer, it looks kind of odd, at least they got the batmobil right this time, i hated all the others!