Top cult movie

Tools    

I think these are starting to develop cult following Donnie Darko & Requim For A Dream

www.forumninja.com
Uhf

Is Fight Club a cult movie? Cuz if it is, then it has my vote... I was thinking of going back farther though.... RHPS was pretty unbeatable in a lot of ways.

Movie Forums Extra
I think kiss kiss bang bang is easily a cult movie, but it should be more popular, the limited release kinda hindered the possiblities for mass popularity but whatever, awesome movie nonetheless.

The Warriors.

The tope 3 cult movies are unequivocally: Fight Club, Donnie Darko, and Requim for a Dream. Honorable mention to Memento.

Some of my favorites:

Swingers (Don't know if this qualifies)
Boondock Saints
Fight Club
Mommento
Big Lebowski

WE COME IN PEACE AND WITH GOODWIL
Albino Aligator- I do not know if this would be considered "cult" but I thought it should be mentioned.
Also:
Romper Stomper
Metal Skin
Two aussie "cult" movies that should be seen!!

I know there are definitions posted already but anwer this.

Can a cult film be claimed on the mood, lighting,Storytelling and overall vibe a movie gives you? Because if this is the case FightClub is Cult.

Or is it the way a movie marketed itself? If this is the fact Fight club was marketed well. And would not be considered. But why do we care about how a movie markets its self.

Another question Isn't the word cult based on a following of people. so if a mainstream movie created a giant following, and persuaded beliefs. Thats cult? No?

Filmshot.Blogspot
My Fairly young blog.

Every breath you take, watching you
I never liked the designation of 'cult'. It's another term that has changed through usage & now seems to be 'slightly offbeat & lots of people talk about it' or near enough to. Maybe I just have a thing about how loosely the term gets thrown around these days.

Movies like Donnie Darko just seemed a little too slick & calculated, yet at the same time I liked those atributes in Momento (but wouldn't call it a cult film). Hong Kong movies used to be called cult, when I imagine they were much harder to get a hold of & so attracted a stronger fanbase. Maybe it's that with the ease of getting a hold of movies (& music) through buying or downloading, the term has less meaning now. Marketers are savvy to the potential and try to engineer films to be cult rather than them ending up that way more organically (if that doesn't sound too elitist).

would breakfast at tiffany's be a cult film? i love it plus there is this chinese film called My wife is 18 that is one of the best films i have ever seen

Time Bandits, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, and yeah Brazil too.

Originally Posted by PappaSteve
Then you should check out THIS thread.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by PappaSteve
Those aren't cult films ya' turd-brush-user. A cult film is about equestrians. That's HORSE to the LAME PERSON. More specifically a cult is a white horse that hasn't yet broken a fence in a rampage. With that all said and everything clear, the best "cult" film has got to be Terminator 2 cause he should have rode a horse instead of a motorbike.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Nice to see you back pimp, I see you are in fine form

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Then you should check out THIS thread.
nice thread... thanx!!

Pulp Fiction is the Best Cult movie, hands down.

I wouldnt call PF a Cult movie since It did good at the cinema,yeah there a ****load of fans out there(like me) but still.

The Warriors Is my favorite, Its such amazing piece of work.