Next Harry Potter in the works

Tools    

Although the movie of the third book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, has only recently been released, the website is abuzz with talk of a fourth movie, which is already being filmed.

This movie is under a new director, Mike Newell, but all the stars are still in place, despite earlier rumours that they were too old to play their roles.

One new face, however, is that of Brendan Gleeson, who played Menelaus in Troy. He plays the part of Mad-Eye Moody

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
Although the movie of the third book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, has only recently been released, the website is abuzz with talk of a fourth movie, which is already being filmed.

This movie is under a new director, Mike Newell, but all the stars are still in place, despite earlier rumours that they were too old to play their roles.

One new face, however, is that of Brendan Gleeson, who played Menelaus in Troy. He plays the part of Mad-Eye Moody
yes i just read about this...they have also just released the name of the 6th hp book..."harry potter and the half blood prince"

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Originally Posted by susan
yes i just read about this...they have also just released the name of the 6th hp book..."harry potter and the half blood prince"
Yes, I read that on http://www.mugglenet.com and I think that is a great title for the next book, although, JKR said that HBP is neither Harry or Voldemort.......Hmm.......

We All Go A Little Crazy Sometimes
the half blood prince sounds cool, but they should be careful because many people may misinterpret it as an example of racial descrimination

Lets put a smile on that block
Dam Dam, i was just about to post a thread on this then saw this one, gosh darn it you beat me to it. ANYWAY, i love the new title, it opens up a lot of questions, especially now that Rowling has said that the HBP is neither harry or Voldy. OOoh interesting. Plus Rowling has also said that a lot of the information she gives out in this nxt book was orginally intended for The Chamber of Secrets, and she has also added that there are massive clues in the second book, Chamber of Secrets that hint at ultimate end to the series of books!

Think i may have to start re-reading Chamber of Secrets tonight.
Originally Posted by Psycho
the half blood prince sounds cool, but they should be careful because many people may misinterpret it as an example of racial descrimination
I really doubt anyone is going to interpret the title to mean that. Unless they are specifically looking for racial issues in a Harry Potter book.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
the books are rife with racial discrimination, its one of the many issues that have been raised-JK is very aware of this and its not intended to hurt anyone with it, just to make a point of how stupid racism is

i think this film will be excellent and the original trio will still be together after many rumours that they will be split as there was feeling Daniel Radcliffe, Harry, is too old for the role

the 4th book is my fave book ever so ill be extremely disappointed if it isnt great, but i think a lot of extra work will have to go into this book and there will be a lot of really cool effects, and there better be lots of Quidditch!

Wisher of brilliant dreams.........
It's going to be a little odd watching the HP movies when the actors get too old for the parts. That is, if they ever do.

What I'm saying is that it will be strange seeing the characters we've come to know and love be changed because of different people playing them.

It will be a little like when Richard Harris died and we got a new Dumbledor. Except this time the main characters change.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
ANYWAY, i love the new title, it opens up a lot of questions, especially now that Rowling has said that the HBP is neither harry or Voldy. OOoh interesting.
Well, who else do we know is a half-blood and a boy? *cough*Neville*cough*
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by John McClane
i thought that too...so if it's that obvioius than it's got to be somethinig or someone else

OOooooh i never thought about him. How interesting. Neville does play a huge part in the stories so perhaps it could be him. but then again like you said Susie, it seems a bit obvious and Mrs Rowling is a very clever woman. I was at work today and the Order of the Phoenix came out in paperback, and poeple were still garbbing them off the shelves. Made my nipples hard in anticipation for the next book!!............

was at work today and the Order of the Phoenix came out in paperback, and poeple were still garbbing them off the shelves. Made my nipples hard in anticipation for the next book!!............

How? I haven't seen it. Where do you live? At Amazon it says it ain't out yet.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I hope HBP is better than the last one though. The first four were great but OOTP got a bit silly at times, and I thought the character who went hadn't been in the series long enough for me to really care (See? No real spoilers). Still, can't wait for No. 7 though.
As for the next film, I've looked up some of Mike Newells work and he seems like a good choice, but I'd still like to see Alfonso Cuarón do another Potter film, as I thought he did a fantastic job with Prisoner of Azkaban.

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
I thought the character who went hadn't been in the series long enough for me to really care (See? No real spoilers).
WHAT?! WHAT?! How can you say that? That character is freakin awesome. GRR!!!

Also there was the fact that someone else had read it before me and had told me the ending. They're now lying face down in a ditch somewhere...
Good. People should never give the ending to a book, or while we're at it: film.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Someone did it to me with Star Wars aswell. First time I saw one of the films the git showed me ROTJ first, so when I saw ESB and heard the words "I am your father", I suddenly realised that it was a huge plot twist, and that Luke hadn't known all along

Someone did it to me with Star Wars aswell. First time I saw one of the films the git showed me ROTJ first, so when I saw ESB and heard the words "I am your father", I suddenly realised that it was a huge plot twist, and that Luke hadn't known all along
Oh they had to suck the biggen.

How? I haven't seen it. Where do you live? At Amazon it says it ain't out yet.
I live in the UK. It came out in paperback over here this Saturday just gone, so i should imagine it should be out in paperback in the US pretty soon too.

I live in the UK. It came out in paperback over here this Saturday just gone, so i should imagine it should be out in paperback in the US pretty soon too.
August to be correct.

sorry to ruin that for you but according to this quote in OOTP- he isn't.

WARNING: "Order of the pheonix" spoilers below
Towards the bottom of page 842 in Chapter 37: "'He chose the boy he thought most likely to be a danger to him,' said Dumbledore.'And notice this, Harry. He chose, not the pureblood (which, according to his creed, is the only kind of wizard worth being or knowing), but the half-blood, like himself. He saw himself in you before he had ever seen you, and in marking you with that scar, he did not kill you, as he had intended, but gave you powers, and a future, which have fitted you to escape him not once, but four times so far- something that neither your parents, nor Neville's parents, ever acheived.'"
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"