Adults watching 'kids' movies?

Tools    

So I am 17, and most of the movies I see in theaters are animated movies.
HOW DARE YOU

So I am 17, and most of the movies I see in theaters are animated movies. Like Despicable Me, Finding Dory, and even Paddington. However, I do still watch movies targeted towards an older audience, like Hunger Games, Logan, and other PG13/R movies.

Does anyone think it's a problem that over teens and adults still enjoy movies targeted for a younger audience. Personally, I think it doesn't matter what you watch, as long as you are interested in it and enjoy those types of movies.
No, I don't think it's a problem at all. I mean my avatar is often taken from the cartoon Ulysses 31 and it's one of my favourite series because I love the way it reinvented The Odyssey as science fiction. I should have the robot Nono as my avatar in the future, with his fondness for eating nuts and bolts .

Also, having been a fan of Doctor Who, you get that experience of the target audience vacillating over 50 years. Different eras of the programme can feel like they're aimed at young kids, teenagers or adults – and sometimes it can be like that even in the same story .

But no, there is nothing wrong with watching kids movies. I watch Teletubbies from time to time, after all.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
But no, there is nothing wrong with watching kids movies. I watch Teletubbies from time to time, after all.
Lol. I have been known to sing along to The Wiggles.

Maybe I should alter my tactics then...
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I really dont know what you hope to achieve with this constant ridicule of other people's taste, Cyn. You even did it in Gideon's list. WTF? Get a new hobby.

I really dont know what you hope to achieve with this constant ridicule of other people's taste, Cyn. You even did it in Gideon's list. WTF? Get a new hobby.
Yeah, ditch the windowless van and trench coat, they draw too much attention.
Is that why those kids keep running away from me?
Maybe I should alter my tactics then...
What constant ridicule? In this thread? There is none from me. So why bring it up?

movies can be okay...
Animation is only for children.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Boldly going.
Many "family" movies include humour and references which only adults will understand. A lot goes into these movies (if they're done well). I'm in my 40s and I watch whatever catches my interest, whether adult or family - I make no distinction.