What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Lou Reed - Coney Island Baby

I should be listening to the whole album right now, but Amazon failed to get it to me on time. I pity the customer service rep who takes my call if it isn't here today.

So for now I can only listen to this track, which was offered as a free download awhile back.

Throwing Muses - Furious

&feature=related

There can be something a little bit unsettling about Kristin Hersh's voice. Maybe it's the sense that she's not always totally in control, I dunno.

It's damned beautiful though.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
^ Us yanks can't watch it. Your right about Kristin's voice though. Band I had forgot about. Thanks for reminding me.

Have I mentioned yet that I love Lindsey Buckingham?

The new album's great. Love it. Also bought the bonus track "Sleeping Around the Corner" from iTunes. I think that one's my favorite actually, not sure why it was left off the regular album.

^ Us yanks can't watch it. Your right about Kristin's voice though. Band I had forgot about. Thanks for reminding me.
Pity that, it's the opening track to Red Heaven. Probably the last uniformly great Muses album.

I first heard Hunkpapa on the bus going to see someone or other (probably some dire indie band, as was my wont) 20-odd years ago and even on a crappy cassette player it was the best music of the evening.

Aaaanyway, someone else from that era (who guested on Red Heaven if my memory serves me correctly) who, like Kristin, is still putting out quality stuff.

Bob Mould - Life and Times

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
In honor of Tacitus' Roman nose.

Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths

Got the iPod on shuffle. A sample of what's come up:

George Michael: Too Funky

INXS: Elegantly Wasted

Eric Clapton: San Francisco Bay Blues

&ob=av2e
Phil Collins: In the Air Tonight

Leonard Cohen: Waiting For The Miracle