B-Movie HoF

Tools    

Congrats ursaguy, that was a nice nomination that I had never heard of before!

Thanks to Nope for running this thing, I enjoyed every one of the noms!

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Here was my list:
1. Hard Ticket to Hawaii
2. Miami Connection
3. Toxic Avenger
4. Exterminator
5. Humanoids
6. Dungeonmaster
7. Blood Feast

By the way, Toxic Avenger was far in the lead until ATC dropped out.)

Really sorry I couldn't get a list in. I was hoping to. Life can be a bit much some times though.

Congrats to ursaguy! I loved Miami Connection, as you know.

Kudos to Nope for running this, you did a damn fine job.

A win by default is still a win. I put Toxic Avenger at #1. This was fun because I hadn't head of most of these before, and really enjoyed a few of them.

My list.

1. The Toxic Avenger
2. The Exterminator
3. The Miami Connection
4. Humanoids from the Deep
5. Hard Ticket to Hawaii
6. Dungeonmaster
7. Blood Feast
8. Ghost Ship

I too am sad The Toxic Avenger was disqualified. I count it among my top 100 favorite movies of all time. But The Miami Connection is a great movie to win the HOF. I knew my movie would not rank that high, but I figured it would be a great way to get people to watch a movie I enjoy.

This HOF was a lot of fun.

I kind of understand how Blood Feast gets so little in a B-Movie tournament. Whilst it definitely is, it's much more a splatter film and it doesn't have that B-Movie feel that something like Humanoids or The Exterminator does. Despite that, it's on my 100, so I'd have still probably had it at #1.

@TheUsualSuspect made me aware that this tourney happened. Anyone up for another one? B movies are big for me! Would love to participate. I'd run one but I need to learn the ropes.
Running an Hof is easy to do. Maybe the hardest part is the scoring of the vote ballots, but that's easy once you know how.

Go for it Joel! If you want to host I can give you some tips.

B-movies.. there are so many of them... look at scifi and horror from the 1950s and early 1960's.. no one should have a problem finding one to post..

And I don't like B-movies, so sorry to say, I'm not playing..

B-movies.. there are so many of them... look at scifi and horror from the 1950s and early 1960's.. no one should have a problem finding one to post..

And I don't like B-movies, so sorry to say, I'm not playing..
I love B movies, some are so bad they're fun, some are actually interesting but lacked production values and some are just really, really bad. I might know the crummiest, stupidest B film of all time.

I love B movies, some are so bad they're fun, some are actually interesting but lacked production values and some are just really, really bad. I might know the crummiest, stupidest B film of all time.
Some are so bad, they are completely stupid...and most tend to be comedic and Citizens Rules, you know I don't like comedy.

Some are so bad, they are completely stupid...and most tend to be comedic and Citizens Rules, you know I don't like comedy.
Have you ever seen any of Ed Wood's films? Some were decent in their story lines, but cheap production. Later some of his film were just poor and inane. But he did have some decent movie ideas.

Have you ever seen any of Ed Wood's films? Some were decent in their story lines, but cheap production. Later some of his film were just poor and inane. But he did have some decent movie ideas.
I have, but its been decades ago....

Running an Hof is easy to do. Maybe the hardest part is the scoring of the vote ballots, but that's easy once you know how.

Go for it Joel! If you want to host I can give you some tips.
If I ran one, it'd be suuuper slow going. Any tips you can give me citizen, I would appreciate the hell out of them! I'd make sure to take my time and really deck it out, visually, and try and make it fun but still servicable. And you could co-pilot with images and design if you chose?

I'm not exactly sure what officially counts as B-movie and what doesn't but at least in my opinion there's lots of non-comedic B-movies too. Just like @Citizen Rules said, films that have interesting story (or at least a premise) but lacked production values (and possibly skill too). Just like you I rarely enjoy comedies but still like a good amount of (presumably) B-movies.

Oh, and I'd probably join if @Joel (or anyone else) chooses to run the HoF.

If I ran one, it'd be suuuper slow going. Any tips you can give me citizen, I would appreciate the hell out of them! I'd make sure to take my time and really deck it out, visually, and try and make it fun but still servicable. And you could co-pilot with images and design if you chose?
Can do! I'll join too.

In a nutshell:

You make your HoF thread (look at other HoFs to see what others have done, but do add your own Joelness to it.)

Define what is and isn't a B movie because that will come up! (it's your decision as host).

Then get people to join and have fun!

When you get to the scoring part give me a buzz and I'll tell ya an easy way that I calculate the points.

I'm not exactly sure what officially counts as B-movie and what doesn't but at least in my opinion there's lots of non-comedic B-movies too. Just like @Citizen Rules said, films that have interesting story (or at least a premise) but lacked production values (and possibly skill too). Just like you I rarely enjoy comedies but still like a good amount of (presumably) B-movies.

Oh, and I'd probably join if @Joel (or anyone else) chooses to run the HoF.
pahak, there are many horrors I don't watch.. whether comedic or not.. I get called a 'movie snob" by my daughter... If it was something more recent production, classic or foreign.. I might join. I would even be willing to host a short horror film one...