Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

All fair points. I just thought it was a stretch.
Nah, you have a point. The thing about Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul is that, while they are striving for realism in certain areas, they break that boundary almost entirely in others. Some other examples of stretches would be:

-Walt never being spotted by any authorities in the series finale. Everyone pointed out how lucky he was in that episode

-Some of Jimmy's bar cons. Some of those setups were just too perfect--too coincidental

-Mike's plan to kill the cops who murdered his son--many circumstances fell easily into place

There are many more but you get the idea. Since Breakin Bad and Better Call Saul are known for being rather comical, I give them a pass for things like this--they're known for being silly at times.

The best way to explain those scenes away is this: "It's Mike. It works because he's Mike." It's a joking way of explaining away stretches like these.

Legend in my own mind
He would have had to not only hit the shoe with a bullet in the exact spot. But he also did this first time and at the exact point that the back end of a moving truck was travelling at the exact point below. Don't forget that if he does it too early - the narcotics pour over the windscreen and the drivers would realise, blowing Mike's cover. If he does it too late or misses, he's failed.

Added to the fact that the wind could have possibly blown the narcotics off course from it's journey from the telephone wire down to the ground. As we saw in the very last shot - when this was exactly what was happening and the narcotics were blowing all over the place.

I'm splitting hairs really, it's a great show, and you need these storylines to make it the captivating watch that it is - but this was just a bit too much.
I am just assuming that Mike (Who we have seen is a perfectionist and shows great attention to detail) has thought these things through and prepared accordingly.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm not sure what to think of this article. Some of it I agree with but then I think the author shoots herself in the foot a few times. You cant be pro equality then keep harping on about gender IMO. Will ruminate so more. I think it;s a bit bloated and self important to be honest. There will never be true feminism with this us and them mentality.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/summerbrenn...xWW#.vh3vrPXww

Interested to see what others here think.

Q&A with my darling adopted grandpa

http://www.amc.com/shows/better-call...tter-call-saul

and I cant remember if I posted this Q&A with Michael McK.

http://www.amc.com/shows/better-call...n-chuck-mcgill

I'm not sure what to think of this article. Some of it I agree with but then I think the author shoots herself in the foot a few times. You cant be pro equality then keep harping on about gender IMO. Will ruminate so more. I think it;s a bit bloated and self important to be honest. There will never be true feminism with this us and them mentality.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/summerbrenn...xWW#.vh3vrPXww

Interested to see what others here think.
I read the first 4 paragraphs, then stop, after the author had made (some of) her points about masculinity and feminist. I don't know if she's right or wrong but I couldn't care to read the rest of it. In general I don't like to measure shows/oeuvres by their masculinity/feminist. It's like a very artificial standard to judge things nowadays. Being a girl, I'm not interested in any feminist agenda, I just want to do what I like, and if people stand in my way I'll kick them out, male or female.

Of course there're still gender inequalities in the society, but absolute equality is a vague term. How do you define absolute equality if the two sexes are very different in the core? Indeed there's a fine line between discrimination and distinguishment, and I believe that not many people can recognize it.

Anyway, at least in western society the role of women is much better than before, and instead of enjoying it and advancing for the best of both sexes, some scream for more.

I couldnt be bothered finishing it either, El. She made a disparaging comment (IMO) about the term 'Lady Judges' then asked the script writer what it felt like being a 'Lady Writer'. She cant have it both ways.

I also dont think she watched BrBa if she didnt notice all the colour symbolism.

As for all the characters in this, regardless of what's between their legs, being well written, on that point I agree.

I bet Ladybugs feel extremely unjust and will revolt someday.

I bet Ladybugs feel extremely unjust and will revolt someday.
Did anyone get their nickers in a twist when Old Spice Guy said 'Hello Ladies'? He can call me anything he wants!

I saw some SJWs on imdb go ape when a male poster referred to 'Lady Characters' on one board. Good grief. They practically ripped his cojones off for it.

Typical slippin Jimmy

Seen the first 2 episodes season 3, looking strong.
Glad to see you jumped on board, Tongo--this season is definitely the most fast-paced of the show thus far. So much has happened in only three episodes.

hey Hey. I didnt catch this but just noticed on FB the cold open of season 3 is a direct link to BrBa timeline. For some reason that gave me a goose walking over my grave LOL.

Seems like BCS could continue on with Gene's story afterall: http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/bette...lligan-reveals

I've been saying this for years (and if our original board was going, I'd ask every doubter to give me a dollar, but alas...) I KNEW that BCS would eventually end with "Gene". So many people thought it would end with Saul's first meeting with Walt and I tried explaining over and over again how this story is FRAMED in the present and must, therefore, end in the present--not the past. That's how framing prequels work (see The Hobbit Trilogy for this example). So, there you have it--we might end up with more of Gene's world than just a finale episode epilogue.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
God I love this show. It occurred to me last night how visually striking it is too, the simple red and blues of Gus' restaurant to the dark and yellow parking area that Mike works in. Love love

God I love this show. It occurred to me last night how visually striking it is too, the simple red and blues of Gus' restaurant to the dark and yellow parking area that Mike works in. Love love
Stunning, isn't it.

And Don Eladio. LOL what a man bitch. The taunting with the t shirt and stacked money.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Stunning, isn't it.

And Don Eladio. LOL what a man bitch. The taunting with the t shirt and stacked money.
I would've paid my own money to see Pacino walk-on wearing a Speedo, hug Don E and leave.

I never really loved this show and the first season was a mixed bag of a few great episodes and a lot of mediocre. The second season really changed itself up and how Jimmy suddenly faced bigger challenges because of his new positions in the lawyer community really made things more intense and exciting. But with the show still moving a little too slow overall, it seems like ideas and stories are stretched to make entire seasons out of 5-6 episode material. And now with the introduction of Gus in season 3, Jimmy is closer than ever to becoming the least interesting person, or at least storyline, in his own show...

Jimmy/Saul is a fun character that is played well and how it built up in the second season was really awesome, but still the way things are I keep wanting to return to Mike and Gus and their storylines. I really have a love-hate relationship with this show. The acting and the production is great and professional but the show lacks a lot in my opinion...