Oscar Trivia

Tools    

This new quiz is for the awards addicts on this forum and the significance a little gold statuette holds within the framework of the American film industry. Welcome to the Oscar Trivia Quiz. 😆

I will kick things off with a simple one. Meryl Streep is the most nominated actress in Hollywood history. Name five of her nominated films.

This might just do nobody any good.
1. The Deer Hunter
2. Silkwood
3. Doubt
4. Julie and Julia
5. Into the Woods*

*wow, they'll really nominate her for anything.

Roger Deakins has been nominated 13 Time for Best Cinematography.

Name 5 movies for which he should have won.

Welcome on board and thanks for starting off the quiz. Actors I am ok with cinematographers I am not (except Aussie Dean Semler). Will leave that one for others.

I always rated Meryl's performance in Sophie's Choice as her best.

Roger Deakins has been nominated 13 Time for Best Cinematography. Name 5 movies for which he should have won.
From his nominations, the year he was double nominated for No Country for Old Men and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is the most egregious snub. Robert Elswit won that year for P.T. Anderson's There Will Be Blood, so it's not like the voters chose something unworthy, it was just Deakins' bad luck that the year with two of his greatest pieces of work didn't quite translate into his elusive Oscar, and in the year that the Coens got theirs. He should at least be in the mix to be nominated for Blade Runner 2049 at the next ceremony, so we shall see.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think this guy is zzz. So post on hold. Open Floor.

There are only two performers that have had five consecutive nominations.
Katharine Hepburn and Bette Davis
Close.

Bette Davis was one of the two. Greer Garson is the other. Bette was nominated for Jezebel, Dark Victory, The Letter, The Little Foxes, and Now, Voyager in consecutive years. Greer was nominated for Blossoms in the Dust, Mrs. Miniver, Madame Curie, Mrs. Parkington, and The Valley of Decision. Bette won for Jezebel, Greer for Mrs. Miniver. Garson only had two other nominations while Davis had six (and another win, for Dangerous).

Fredric March for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Wallace Beery for The Champ (1930's)

Katharine Hepburn for A Lion in Winter and Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl (1960's)

I know this is correct, so I will now offer the next question:

Who is the only performer to direct himself into a Best Actor Oscar?

Who is the only multiple Oscar winner who has never picked up the award in person?
George C Scott

Is he the correct person?

[quote=spookiemoviemania;1694713]George C Scott
Changed my mind. Katherine Hepburn. I recall reading somewhere that she shunned the Oscars. This post is dead.