The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame II

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I don't think it's clear on the Ebert list that it's the final cut, it just says Blade Runner 1982 which is uncrossed for Wyldesyde.

Hey Fredrick watches-

Ace in the Hole (1951)
All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
The Awful Truth (1937)
Ginger Snaps (2000)
Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001)
Inherit the Wind (1960)
It Happened One Night (1934)
The Killers (1946)
The King of Comedy (1982)
Paris Texas (1984)
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)
Ace in the Hole (1951) - Never heard of it.
All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) - Probably should have seen this one by now.
The Awful Truth (1937) - Never heard of it
Ginger Snaps (2000) - Heard of it
Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001) - Heard of it and I'm pretty sure I know who nominated it. Not as sure as I was with Pink Flamingos but pretty sure.
Inherit the Wind (1960) - Never heard of it
It Happened One Night (1934) - Heard of it
The Killers (1946) - Never heard of this one. Thought it was the John Woo one at first glance but I'm pretty sure he wasn't making movies in 1946
The King of Comedy (1982) - Heard of it and have avoided it. But I also avoided Blair Witch forever and ended up liking that one so....
Paris Texas (1984) - Started watching this last weekend and fell asleep 51 minutes in. Not because it was boring but because I started it at one in the morning
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962) - I know all about this one. Have probably quoted it a few times but have never seen it. I really like Bette Davis so I'm glad to finally see it.

Last time around my top 3 films were ones I had never heard of so I'm pretty okay with this.

Yeah, one of these movies would have to completely blow me away for it to stand any chance of making my ballot. There are a number of them on other people's lists that might though.
My ballot is submitted. Maybe one of these will make the next all time list, who knows.

The trick is not minding
I don't think it's clear on the Ebert list that it's the final cut, it just says Blade Runner 1982 which is uncrossed for Wyldesyde.
For some reason it is clear on mine. I’ll take final cut if so however. I’m fine with it

I’m assuming the recommendation for me is Blade Runner: Final cut?
I have seen Blade Runner, which is marked off, but did not mark off Final Cut version since I read it adds a lot more.
Just making sure.
Ok I looked it up and Ebert has The Final Cut as one of his great movies, but not the director's cut or the original version.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Ace in the Hole (1951)
The Apartment (1960)
Caberet (1972)
Marty (1955)
Midnight Cowboy (1969)
Spartacus (1960)
Strangers on a Train (1951) These are all Must See's! that I truly need to see. Ace & Marty I've been on the fence about but I got a feeling they are ones I'll thoroughly enjoy.

Sullivan's Travels (1941) One of several from the 40's Countdown I've been wanting to see. Actually saw the ending one day on TCM and have been wanting to see it all. Get to now

Almost Famous (2000) When this came out I was iffy about it and have grown curious over time about it.

The Wages of Fear (1953) Read the short description of this on IMDb and it sounded similar to Sorcerer from '77 so that's got me hyped AND it's FRENCH! Très putain sympa!! (Very f@cking nice)
A Taste of Honey (1961) Completely unknown so should be quite the adventure

Very, VERY happy with my list -- THANKS EVERYONE!

Ace in the Hole (1951)
The Apartment (1960)
Caberet (1972)
Marty (1955)
Midnight Cowboy (1969)
Spartacus (1960)
Strangers on a Train (1951) These are all Must See's! that I truly need to see. Ace & Marty I've been on the fence about but I got a feeling they are ones I'll thoroughly enjoy.

Sullivan's Travels (1941) One of several from the 40's Countdown I've been wanting to see. Actually saw the ending one day on TCM and have been wanting to see it all. Get to now

Almost Famous (2000) When this came out I was iffy about it and have grown curious over time about it.

The Wages of Fear (1953) Read the short description of this on IMDb and it sounded similar to Sorcerer from '77 so that's got me hyped AND it's FRENCH! Très putain sympa!! (Very f@cking nice)
A Taste of Honey (1961) Completely unknown so should be quite the adventure

Very, VERY happy with my list -- THANKS EVERYONE!
Sorcerer is a remake to Wages of Fear

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Starting to think Ed feels he got the wrong list of movies

Hope you like some of your own films (and we'll keep these in mind for next time...)

It's Christmas morning, presents are open and toys everywhere and no matter how happy you are with your toys ya STILL look over and remark, "You got that?! I didn't get that."

So the last time around Strange Days was the only movie to be nominated 3 times. A quick scan tells me this time Paper Moon is the only movie to be nominated 3 times. There's a few nominated twice.

The trick is not minding
A Woman Under the Influence (1974)
Cassevetes is a director I’ve been meaning to dig into. This film has always been one I’ve wanted to start with. Thank you
Bambi (1942)
I love classic Disney, and mentioned how envious I was when it was picked for CR the last go around. Miss Vicky listened. Thank you
Blade Runner (1982)
Bringing Up Baby (1938)
A old rom com I’ve always had on my watch list and now finally have a reason to watch.
Dial M for Murder (1954)
Hitchcock! Need I say more?
The Innocents (1961)
Not familiar with this one until I joined this site. Looking forward to this. Feels like a Siddon pick. If it is, I’ve always enjoyed his HOF picks
Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948)
Another I’m not familiar with, although I have heard of it. *Looking forward to it as well.*

Paper Moon (1973)
Another 70’s film I’ve had on my watch list for ages.
Raising Arizona (1987)
A Coen Brothers classic (so I’ve been told anyways) that I’ve been meaning to watch.
The Shape of Water (2017)
Sci fi film that I have been wanting to see as well. Excellent.
The Wind that Shakes the Barley (2006)
After watching I, Daniel Blake, I’ve started to dip into Ken Loach.*
I have know ln of this film since it was first released but never got around to it. *Excellent time to start, wouldn’t you say?

Once again, excellent selections. *All have my interest. *This will be fun.*

*Looks at people's responses to their lists*
*Wonders if some of my choices might have been a bit too obvious."

Oh well.
You have a guess on which movie 2 people tried to nominate for you?

I knew it! I knew somebody would give me these two:

Do the Right Thing (1989)
Midnight Cowboy (1969)

I had expected The General and City Lights (would've liked to see those)

A Matter of Life and Death (1946)
Black Orpheus (1959)
Brighton Rock (1948)
Do the Right Thing (1989)
Friendly Persuasion (1956)
Ghost (1990)
Good Will Hunting (1997)
The Iron Giant (1999)
On Dangerous Ground (1951)
Peter Pan (1953)
Midnight Cowboy (1969)

I've heard of most of these, looks like a good haul

You have a guess on which movie 2 people tried to nominate for you?
I don't know much about most of the movies that were picked for me, so I'm going to go with The Untouchables because I've nominated two other movies starring Kevin Costner in past general HOFs (Dances With Wolves and A Perfect World) and because there are several Costner flicks in my top 100.