School of Rock

→ in
Tools    

It was beauty killed the beast.
School of Rock was a ton of fun! It's great to see a cast who are really enjoying themselves, and Jack Black is obviously having a ball, as are the very talented young kids whose excitement at being in a movie is palapable.

The film is written by Mike White (The Good Girl), and directed by Richard Linklater (Before Sunrise, Waking Life, etc.). Both are quite talented, and here they really let it rip. The film is exuberant, off-the-wall, and very funny. It has a few peaks and valleys, but Kong was smiling or laughing pretty much throughout the whole movie.

Go see it!

It was beauty killed the beast.
Okay class, did everyone complete Professor Kong's homework assignment by carrying your little butts to the theater and watching the movie School of Rock which opened today?

If you did then please don't hesitate to sing its praises.

I was gonna see it, but I ended up seeing Lost in Translation for a third time instead. I don't regret it.

I will begin the singing. This movie was awesome!!! Jack Black absolutely owns every scene of this movie. The use of real kids and not trained actors was very cool. Their talent with their music and the acting added so much. Very fun movie. An actual funny movie you could take your kids to that will please kids and adults alike.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
This was SOOOOO wonderful. I had such as good time at this. I had very small expectations for the film (despite several postive reviews), and I LOVED this film. Easily one of the most entertaining (and thus, best IMO), this year. Everyone really needs to see this wonderfully funny, entertaining movie now. I kid you not....SEE IT!!!!

As a sidenote: I catalog every movie I see. I'm getting mixed results as to the correct title of the film. Is it The School of Rock, or just School of Rock? Thanks.

I must become Caligari..!
ohh, cant wait for this one, Link is very good
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Beale - What do you mean you catalog every movie you see?

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
He has a movie catalog. Duh.

This is Octivia. Octivia is modeling the School of Rock dress inside Beale's fall catalog. Order your copy today so you can order this street stopping little number.

My life isn't written very well.
Yes, that line will be used in the feature Pocahontas goes to New York.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I keep a record of all the films I see (not how many times, but rather which films I see and which I like. Its sort of a way of checking myself and making sure I don't overlook movies).

I write them down in a little book I started, I put a check next to the ones I like, and an x to the ones I dislike.

Kinda weird....but.....

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
He has a movie catalog. Duh.

This is Octivia. Octivia is modeling the School of Rock dress inside Beale's fall catalog. Order your copy today so you can order this street stopping little number.

Rep points for that one Sexy.

"...Oh, you're not hardcore...(not hardcore)...unless you live hardcore....(live hardcore)....and the legend of the rent was way hardcore!!!!!...."

"You must raise your goblet of rock to the gods..."

But seriously though, that is a pretty cool idea.

This was probley one of Jack Black's best movies. The movie was full of fun and excitement and to see how well the kids and Jack worked together put a smile on my face. There was funny parts and sad parts. Up's and Downs but overall I give this movie a 10/10

Dream Catcher 9/10
Boat Trip 6/10
Fast and the Furious: 2 Fast 2 Furious 7/10
School Of Rock 8/10
Daddy Day Care 5/10

Jack Black is da man! I love that guy, he is so f'n funny. He's kinda cute too in a weird dorkish kinda way (I'm not gonna get in trouble for saying that, am I? LOL). heh

Anyway, my bf and I have been arguing over which movie to see next, SOR or Pirates of the Carribean (again). The more good stuff I hear about SOR the more I think we need to see that.

Sweet - glad to hear it lives up to the hipe (sp).

This movie was AWESOME!!! I'm going to buy the soundtrack, + the movie as soon as they come out.

Dude, the soundtrack is already out.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

True.

Does anyone know if the song, "The Legend of the Rent" (that's what I'm going to call it), appears on the album? It didn't appear to...but just to make sure...

That song rules!