MoFo Musical Outreach

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
Here's the basic idea:
A couple of MoFo's exchange addresses and send each other mixed tapes.

Really, I think this would be a great way to get to know other members on a level beyond what they write (if anybody's really even interested in knowing that much about a person).
So, I guess if anybody's interested, we should get this going.
And if it works out, maybe in the future we could set themes for the music or something.

Anybody?

A novel adaptation.
Nobody, I guess.

Get off my island
Mix tapes? That's so... 90's

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Huh. . . . ? Wait a minute, you want people to MAIL (or, I should say SNAIL-MAIL, since this is 2003) each other cassette tapes of their favorite music. Different artists and their songs? Not US singing (what I first thought he was talking about). Just to get to know what we're all like?

This is before 1990s. This is 1980s. This is Dokken Domain.

What's the point? Most people (not me, because my computer is practically 1980s) have KaZaa or some Napster-like music downloading system with playlists and everything.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The Mixtape is an artform, man. Sure, you can download all the stuff you want, (Well, I can't. My computer is SLOOWWWWW.) but it takes real thought to put together the perfect mixtape. Plus, there's LOTS of music that isn't on the net, and probably never will be. So I'll stick with my outdated ways, thanx.

A novel adaptation.
I'd rather have a copy of "Jason sings the Love Shack".

I still dig the idea. If you guys are really serious about it, I'll be more than glad to officially organize this sucker somehow. Perhaps I should put up a poll asking if they'll participate or not? Whatcha'll say?

Originally posted by Monkeypunch
Plus, there's LOTS of music that isn't on the net, and probably never will be.
I'll agree with most of what you're saying (you were practically quoting High Fidelity verbatim ) -- but not that part.

Get off my island
I have no means for mix taping anyway

A novel adaptation.
Let's do it.
Chrissly, any ideas on organization?
And should we pick an initial theme, or just leave this one open?

Oh, and post 700, so, gonnorhea.

i already made a tape.
and i say leave it open, the whole idea is for diversity of taste, right? not quite sure i follow. but yeah, i made a tape dammit!

A novel adaptation.
Nice, I'm working on one right now...
Speaking of which, Chrissly, didn't you have some ideas on how to organize this thing?

METEORA......................Linkin Park.......

Essential CD to have in your collection..........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I am having a nervous breakdance
This is a cool idea. I wonder if the fact that I live in Sweden will exclude me.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Nikki, ROCK ON! I was lucky enough to come across their first album, Hybrid Theory, and ever since, I can't stop listening to them! I don't like Meteora nearly as much, though.